• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Feature you are most looking for in Android 2.1

+1 to Osli on suggestion of home landscape option TO BOTH SIDES!!

And +1 to Hacker to be able to select with calls on threeway are disconnected. You can't end the first on, or switch back, quite obnoxious.

+1 to TroyBoyTN on the Bluetooth dialing. It is absurd.

If not mentioned, I want a revision of the in-call screen. Slide to end, and options to change "end" button if the screen is going to cut off, or be enabled to cut off screen w/o ending call with a button while in a call.

Upvote 0
I know we are all waiting with bated breath for the next android update in Q1 2010. What feature are you hoping they fix/improve with the update? Personally, I am hoping that they get the proximity screen deal to turn off when I am talking on the phone. I don't even know if this is something that can be fixed by an update but I have hung up on so many people with my cheek that I call it getting "Cheek closed" on someone.

I found an app on the Android Market just yesterday that helped me with this problem. Just search "proximity" in the Market and then the first thing that should come up is "Promiximity Sensor" with that little tool icon on the left. Its been working for me all day. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
  1. Much Better battery life (this is my only real issue right now, and I've tried just about everything in the battery thread, short of a factory reset, and turning off the mobile network)
  2. Bluetooth file transfer and bluetooth dialing.
  3. Three way calling improvement as outlined on this thread.
  4. Ability to delete individual entries in the dictionary.
  5. Better file management built in (I occasionally still have to use a Task Killer).
  6. Improved market, including more applications so we catch up to the iPhony.
  7. Some means of importing/syncing notes from Outlook.
  8. Improved speed (not that it is bad now, but who wouldn't take more speed)
  9. Improve the native mail program so you could select all and Mark Unread, instead of one at a time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones