• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help File on SD Card causes freeze...PLEASE HELP!

D.Doksa

Lurker
Oct 14, 2010
So, I downloaded MP3 Music Download App. and then downloaded a song. Shortly after, my phone locked up. I pulled the battery and restarted and now the phone (Droid X) freezes upon startup when it tried to load the card. I suspect that the song I downloaded is messing it up.

I am relatively new to Android phones and SD Cards in general, but any tips on how to fix this issue?

At a minimum it sounds like a corrupted file. If the SD card itself is alright then formatting it should do the trick.
The way to do this from the phone is plug in the phone, pull the battery, remove the sd card, power on the phone, put back the sd card, then go to:
settings> SD card & phone storage> unmount SD card> format SD card> mount SD card.
Unfortunately this will erase everything on the card but it should also get rid of the corrupted file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones