• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally getting an Evo Friday.....any advice?

Cochese2323

Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
I am getting an Evo Friday when I get paid....been doing a LOT of homework on here and wanted to say thank you to all of those who have contributed all of the great info and step by step instructions on rooting and everything else. I have been a long time blackberry user and I can't wait to get into Android.

So once I get my phone all rooted, I am sure I will spend endless hours flashing new ROMs and trying all sorts of themes. But I do have a couple questions for all of you evo addicts out there.....

1. What are the first things you guys did OR more importantly....wish you would have done when you first got yours......

2. What are the essential apps/widgets that I shouldn't be without......

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Personally I think it would be advantageous to spend time getting accustomed to the phone before trying to root and theme it. Spend a few days playing with the stocks apps and then a few days more playing with apps downloaded from the market. Once you become comfortable with the phone then root and theme it to your hearts content...

Upvote 0
I am actually going out of town this weekend so I will have a couple days with it before I even would be able to root it. I am not 100% sure I really want to yet anyway. But I am a big fan of customizing and changing up themes, so I am sure I will eventually root it anyway.

Cool! Bottom line is to go out and enjoy your new toy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones