• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

financial apps...are they secure?

I believe they are. I use Bank of America and US Bank app all the time. But, I set them up on the webtop first, my computer, before using the apps. You will really love the convenience of the apps. Make sure to only use a secure Wifi connection, when on Wifi, for all apps that use personal data. It is possible for someone to snatch your personal info. through the air. I only use cell data or my home secure Wifi.

Upvote 0
The only thing that would change that is if you happen to install a program that records your key types. That could potentially steal passwords.
Not unless the keylogging app also has a way to transmit the info, i.e. internet access. Every keyboard app on the market records keypresses as part of its normal functioning, and this often causes unnecessary alarm among new users, hence the qualifier.

Upvote 0
Personally I would avoid apps that are general bank apps. I don't think banks that do not have independent apps for online banking access have completely worked out the security issues. Before Wachovia was acquired by Wells Fargo, they did not have a dedicated Android app, but some banking apps claimed they could connect your mobile device to your accounts. If memory serves, Wachovia recommended against using them.

On the other hand, I use the Wells Fargo app regularly and it seems to be very secure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones