• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue -- Bootloop

NovaStruq

May 17, 2016
Hey, guys!
I have this weird problem and I'd appreciate any help.
I tried to use Odin to restore my soft bricked Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (SM -T110) but there was something that went wrong.
Now, I get a "firmware upgrade has encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and Try Again".
So here's the thing, I downloaded Kies but when my tablet is plugged into the computer it continues to turn off an on repeatedly. I can't use Kies cause it can't stay connected as it turns off.
What can I do?
I cannot boot into recovery mode (as far as I know and it needs to be plugged in for it to even turn onto the error)

First off, thanks for the replies.
And a yellow triangle does appear but no "Emergency Software Recovery".
The yellow triangle is between a picture of a tablet and computer screen. I guess to indicating the connection between tablet and computer is corrupted.
Edit: This is how it looks like exactly:
http://puu.sh/oVIbv/44479fb066.jpg
Was able to manage to take a pic of it despite it's constant reboot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A little different from what I am used to seeing but it still shows Odin (download) mode at the top. Did you get the firmware you tried at Sammobile?
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T110/

With the device booted into download mode, it should still connect to Odin and you should be able to try flashing it again even displaying the message.
If you can find the device SN you could try using Kies3. Should be on box if you still have it or maybe on back of device.
I would try connecting to Odin and see if you get a active com port.

Upvote 0
A little different from what I am used to seeing but it still shows Odin (download) mode at the top. Did you get the firmware you tried at Sammobile?
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T110/

With the device booted into download mode, it should still connect to Odin and you should be able to try flashing it again even displaying the message.
If you can find the device SN you could try using Kies3. Should be on box if you still have it or maybe on back of device.
I would try connecting to Odin and see if you get a active com port.

It wasn't from that site, I forgot which site actually, although I might be able to find it if I stumble across it. The device won't boot in anything unless it's plugged in. Even so, it rebootloops with the image I showed you.
Yeah, I tried connecting to Odin already but it keeps having the "added!" then "removed!" messages. Kies3 is not compatible with my device. The other Kies does the same as my Odin, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

Upvote 0
The Sammobile link is one of the most trusted and recommended to get official Samsung firmware. Downloads are slow with a free account, usually takes about 45 min. Find the firmware for your country/carrier.

I would let it charge for a few hours then try again with firmware from Sammobile.

Upvote 0
The Sammobile link is one of the most trusted and recommended to get official Samsung firmware. Downloads are slow with a free account, usually takes about 45 min. Find the firmware for your country/carrier.

I would let it charge for a few hours then try again with firmware from Sammobile.

Side question, does the country matter? I don't see US.

Upvote 0
Where did you purchase the tab?
The model number is SM-T110 and it is WiFi only or WiFi/3g ?
It's from Best Buy, which I purchased before the beginning of this recently passed semester, no waranty. And it is wifi only. It's fully charged now and hooking it up to Kies. At least now it doesn't bootloop but it doesn't sleep/turn off now neither. Kies says it's connecting but after 20 mins or so it's still trying to connect.
You can flash the firmware from the firmware error screen. Download mode is not needed.
Mind linking me or guiding me on how to do such a thing? I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you have the SN and you want to try Kies. Unplug tab from PC. In Kies, select the tools tab on top of the screen. Select Firmware Update and Initialization.
Enter the model number then SN when prompt. If your device is supported, it will start downloading the correct firmware and will prompt you to connect to PC then. Flash will begin when download complete.

Upvote 0
If you have the SN and you want to try Kies. Unplug tab from PC. In Kies, select the tools tab on top of the screen. Select Firmware Update and Initialization.
Enter the model number then SN when prompt. If your device is supported, it will start downloading the correct firmware and will prompt you to connect to PC then. Flash will begin when download complete.

I have the SN on the back of my tab but it's extremely tiny. Kies is "connecting" but won't complete the connection. It'll stay loading.
Odin now detects my device. The firmware from Sammobile is being weird. Chrome can't download it. Firefox and Edge say the download is going to take 12 hours+. My internet should be a lot more faster than that.
Gonna try download firmware from samsung-firmware
Edit: Will try to get a firmware fully downloaded before going any further.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones