• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First DX2 ROM (MinimalX) Now Available for Download

Heelpir8

May 14, 2011
I was planning on holding off on rotting my phone for a while... it was hard enough seeing how much less problems people had with rooting, I was itching to root but I contained myself, now that there's a ROM and at least one good review so far.... Now I am pretty much crying.... and it's only because today just happened to be the day I leave my phone at work so I can't root and rom until tomorrow :(

Upvote 0
I was planning on holding off on rotting my phone for a while... it was hard enough seeing how much less problems people had with rooting, I was itching to root but I contained myself, now that there's a ROM and at least one good review so far.... Now I am pretty much crying.... and it's only because today just happened to be the day I leave my phone at work so I can't root and rom until tomorrow :(

Let me know how it goes. Looks like he debloated the crap out of the thing and there are issues with the bare essentials not running as he even pulled calendar (which I do use). Looks like he did an amazing job, but I just can't pull the trigger (probably because I have had 4 different phones in the last 3 months).

Upvote 0
Let me know how it goes. Looks like he debloated the crap out of the thing and there are issues with the bare essentials not running as he even pulled calendar (which I do use). Looks like he did an amazing job, but I just can't pull the trigger (probably because I have had 4 different phones in the last 3 months).

rom works great. the calendar is not included and the search button does not work from the desktop but other than that i havent had any issues. i would suggest flashing this rom as it responds much faster than the stock rom ever could.

Upvote 0
rom works great. the calendar is not included and the search button does not work from the desktop but other than that i havent had any issues. i would suggest flashing this rom as it responds much faster than the stock rom ever could.

I hate to assume but is it deodexed?

EDIT: Wow! Super quick ROM, but I guess it should be. I was able to edit some of the framework theme images and a couple apps (gmail, power widget), but couldn't get GO SMS Pro to theme (which I could before on other ROMs so I will have to relook that tomorrow). Anyway, so far overall, well done!

Upvote 0
I posted these over at XDA as well, but got a couple messages for them from here so I will post here if it's okay.? For those that need the calendar app, here are the files you need for it to work on this ROM.

Same story, I used Root Explorer and moved them to the system/app folder, then held down on each file for menu, which then brings you to options. Look for permissions, change the permissions on ALL 4 files and reboot. Good to go.

Attachments

• CalendarFilesX2.zip
    657.1 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Boy did this get ugly over there:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] MinimalX

You almost at least have to read this thread now (which is closed by the way). From the accusations starting at post 181 to about page 13 where some guy types a capital letter at the beginning of every word while debating what a ROM is. It's funny, sad, ridiculous, fiction, drama and everything that is right or wrong (depending on your view) with the world. Ah, technology, how I love thee.

Reactions: esmith818
Upvote 0
Originally I had considered trying this first custom ROM out over the weekend, but life got busy and I never got around to it. Now that I am seeing all the hoopla on the XDA thread (both accusations and flashing woes) I think I'll hold off altogether and hope that other devs give some attention to this phone soon.

Upvote 0
Originally I had considered trying this first custom ROM out over the weekend, but life got busy and I never got around to it. Now that I am seeing all the hoopla on the XDA thread (both accusations and flashing woes) I think I'll hold off altogether and hope that other devs give some attention to this phone soon.

The 1st ROM is awesome. I just had to add back the calendar and voice dailing apk's. Other than that, I have had NO issues whatsoever with the 1st one and love the speed at which it runs. It really is night and day. Plus I've been able to theme the framework. I don't really care who made it, as long as it runs well. It has kept me from donating more as my 1st donation was small until I could see how well it would run. The fact that he did anything at all is more than anyone else has done and I think that deserved a little something IMHO. There seems to be ONE guy who has an issue with it and unless he puts his ROM where his mouth is, I'll let them both of them settle it and continue using this very nice ROM. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones