• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

callihan_44

Sep 8, 2010
Well ive had 2 other android phones(htc aria-samsung captivate) so im kinda comparing this phone to them. Right off the bat I like this phone more than the aria due to the fact it has a physical keyboard along with the touch screen, I had problems typing on the small screen so the keyboard is a tad better. Speed wise it seems a little zippier than the aria and build quality seems pretty much even between the two.

Havent been able to test the battery time yet as I havent had the phone more than 2hrs lol but the box claims 5hrs talk and 6days standby. Call quality BLOWS both the aria and captivate away, this thing is loud in the ear(which i like) and the person on the recieving end told me the clarity was better than the captivate that i once had. Signal strength was a tad better than the captivate, i live in an area where the signal jumps between edge and 3g constantly so it's held 3g better than my last phone.

Screen....probably better than the aria but honestly hard to tell without one right here to directly compare, captivate easily wins this category in size and outstanding display. GPS works and took about 10 seconds to get a lock and stayed connected the entire time i was using it( havent tested driving on the highway yet though).

Picture taking, once again captivate wins in still photos and video so no comparison but quality is probably good enough for most people. So far pretty pleased with the phone BUT going to test it hard then decide if i want to keep it or go back to captivate and deal with iffy gps etc. OH one major gripe, the back cover is pain to put on and not all that strong. I thought the lady at the att store was going to break it trying to get it on but figured out she was doing it wrong !:mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones