• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fix Custom Binary block by FRP lock without USB???

coolguybob

Lurker
Sep 1, 2013
I recently rooted my phone and soon after (unrelated i believe) i think my phone stopped connecting to a computer with a data cable. It still charged fine. It might be related to when i bought it from a person on craigslist it had dirt stuck in the headphone jack, usb port, and speaker holes. I cleaned it all out with a push pin and maybe I somehow messed up the pins on the usb port? Anyway, I thought maybe a reboot would fix the problem, and when it rebooted i got the "Fix custom binary block by FRP lock" error. (i'm wondering if i accidentally turned off OEM unlocking). I read online how to fix it, however the ways I found all required connecting my phone to my computer with a data cable. I even tried to format/wipe my phone but when it boots i still get the error. Is there anything I can do? I don't KNOW that my usb port is messed up, but that was just a theory, but when I connect it to the computer with ODIN3 or Kies3 it doesnt do anything. Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones