• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fixed bobZ gps!!!!

I believe that's pgs build in which the fix is already included...

You are right, it is PG's build, and reading his site, it IS included as of 9/2 and this is the 9/3 build.

I have no idea still why it wasnt working the first time.. I had FW C and c-modem flashed fresh and it wouldnt work.. then I flashed to fresh F firmware and just flashed build 9/3 and gapps, along with the volume/mms/camera fix.. which I probably didnt even need to do since it probably had THAT as well.. anyhow, few little bugs but overall its amazing..

One question. This build doesnt have the newest gapps right? Only Luquid Smooth build does right?? what is the difference, and what do the new gapps provide? If you care to answer :)

Upvote 0
Hey guys i was wondering if the battery lasts longer on cyonegenmod or is stock better?

They're about the same... I think with CM you will see a slightly better battery life. This is also really depending on your device settings, user usage, apps and kernel.
When I was using my motion as my daily driver with PG's CM10, I was getting great battery life.

Reactions: drobotclone
Upvote 0
I pretty much took everything out i use it as a hotspot for my devices but on stock i only get about 3 hours before a charge is needed everything is off besides bluetooth and mobile hotspot all the settings are set off like vibrare and brightness is set to low and gps and sync are also off would i still be able to use my mobile hotspot on cm?

Upvote 0
I pretty much took everything out i use it as a hotspot for my devices but on stock i only get about 3 hours before a charge is needed everything is off besides bluetooth and mobile hotspot all the settings are set off like vibrare and brightness is set to low and gps and sync are also off would i still be able to use my mobile hotspot on cm?

OK... I see what you've got going. Yeah the mobile hotspot works just fine, at least the last time I used it.
If I still had mobile data/service on my motion, I would just test that out for you and check to see what the battery drain is. That way we could see if it was comparable or better to your stock settings. Then you would know if it was really worth switching to CM or not. Truthfully I don't know if you'll get much better than 3 hrs of running hotspot on CM before charging.
If you are still using your motion as a daily driver it might be worth it to try out CM.

Reactions: drobotclone
Upvote 0
Kool thanks I'm going to give it a shot since I don't plan on buying another phone thanks for the input do you know where I can find a working cm build?

Now that you mention it maybe I can change the kernel and lower my cpu. Would I need to change my kernel to lower it?

So i ended up installing cpu monitor or something like that and my battery lasts about 2 hours more .

Upvote 0
I have tried Build 0428 - BobZ and Build 0903 - PG still don't have GPS lock. Is there new links for the OP? And think this will work?

Your the second person lately that's had issues with the GPS locking on. I used johnny1111's all mod fixes which has the GPS fix included and I don't have a problem with it locking on. Look a couple posts above this one, at my post #161 for the link to the all mods fix.
You could always try Johnny1111's Dirty Unicorns CM baseless port. You just flash it over the CM10 ROM and all the issues like GPS, backlight and etc... are fixed - http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/757545-aokp-dirty-unicorns-baseless-port-cm10.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones