• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*FIXED* Working fix for Credential Storage Password problem!

Ran into the credential storage password issue on an Droid Max when trying to install a trusted certificate. A simpler approach worked for me. I just went into the Security settings and reset my PIN to the same it had been previously. I then immediately installed the trusted certificate and it did not ask for the credential PIN again.

Upvote 0
I upgraded my Samsung S3 to an S5 (had to pay again for the foxfi unlock for unlimited foxfi use) and had the same lockscreen issue I had with the S3. Found this thread. again. Set a pattern for the lockscreen. Deliberately did the wrong pattern 5 times. Got the "PIN code required" message (no google login option). Did the correct PIN. Then rebooted the phone to start over and VOILA! No more lock screen :) Like Magic. Don't know how or why but foxfi worked great, no new security certificate issues or lockscreen codes needed.

Upvote 0
For those of you guys who feel desesperate to never can save a certificate into the keystore here is how to do on a Samsung;
- connect your phone to Samsung Find my Mobile
- then you can login on your account and unlock your phone, this reset the protection to slide and reset the encryption of the masterkey with the new derivation scheme (/data/misc/keystore/user_0/.masterkey)
Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones