• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash lite gone after OTA

Update: flash lite loads intermittently

Flash was working fine. Tried again later and flash didn't work.

Put my phone in airplane mode, and then turned it off. Tested flash, and it worked fine.

Since I didn't really use flash much previously, i can't say whether this issue was present before the OTA update.

Upvote 0
Update: flash lite loads intermittently

Flash was working fine. Tried again later and flash didn't work.

Put my phone in airplane mode, and then turned it off. Tested flash, and it worked fine.

Since I didn't really use flash much previously, i can't say whether this issue was present before the OTA update.

Same here, I find it works most often with the pop-up blocker turned off.

Upvote 0
I saw this thread listed in the Incredible forum and decided to peruse it and remembered I had "Mobile Internet" disabled for batt conservation and being curious about what was being posted her decided to re-enable it to see what happens. My observations.

I first went to the adobe site (flash.com.) with .605.0. The demo video played fine.
After re-enabling the 3g, I got the update notice.
Proceeded to update to .605.2
When finished, I returned to the adobe site. Video played but was extremely choppy both A & V. making it basically unviewable.
I rebooted & returned to once more and the video played fine again. It's just possible this update needs an extra reboot to clear some code or configuration settings out on some units.

Dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones