• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash Recovery Error. 4ext. No Space left on device. Other threads don't help

Try unzipping the one from dougs on the pc to see what's in there. Do you have a reason to believe .096 is necessay for some reason?

I have tried unzipping some and creating my own. It seems each zip contains a "recovery.img" file along with an "android-text" file. However some zips contain a 3rd file with no extension, and some contain an md5 check file. When I try to create my own by substituting recoveries and changing file names inside the zip it never seems to work.

There was one .zip that I made and it was detected in hboot, it asked me to update and it said the update went through. However then "boot into recovery" resulted in a stuck htc incredible boot screen.

I believe hboot 0.96.2000 is the one I need because according to this website tutorial on Installing ENGhboot; the screenshot of their phone has HBOOT version 0.96.2000.

Either way hboot 0.92 is not working for me therefor I feel I need to upgrade.

Upvote 0
Are we dealing with a "Droid incredible" or an "HTC incredible s" ?

Judging by the files you are able to flash it seems as you have a Droid incredible. An incredible s can only flash PB32IMG.zip (NOT PB31IMG.zip files)

The files on doug's website are only for the Droid incredible. if you have the incredible s, you are on a fast track to having a pricey brick on your hands.

And just to reiterate... your hboot says "s-off" ??

PS: have you posted your problem over at xda? The incredible s has much more activity there, than on our forum.

Upvote 0
Are we dealing with a "Droid incredible" or an "HTC incredible s" ?

Judging by the files you are able to flash it seems as you have a Droid incredible. An incredible s can only flash PB32IMG.zip (NOT PB31IMG.zip files)

The files on doug's website are only for the Droid incredible. if you have the incredible s, you are on a fast track to having a pricey brick on your hands.

And just to reiterate... your hboot says "s-off" ??

PS: have you posted your problem over at xda? The incredible s has much more activity there, than on our forum.

I am using a HTC Incredible S.
Hboot says "s-off".

And no I havn't posted it in xda.

Upvote 0
I am using a HTC Incredible S.
Hboot says "s-off".

And no I havn't posted it in xda.

I'd pose your question over there than. The users here aren't too familiar with the incredible s and the incredible s root forum on this site is pretty lackluster (that's why I haven't moved this thread there).

If you do a google search for the "not enough free space recovery" a bunch of people with similar problems come up. The most notable to me was the one about being s-off, other people seemed to solve the problem with a simple reboot. I'm sure the solution is out there, but I'd stay away from attempting to flash anymore PB31IMG.zip files.

Upvote 0
I found another website with specific radios for the "HTC Incredible S"

The radio was prepackaged in a PG32IMG.zip

I put the file at the root of my sd card, booted into hboot and the file was not detected.

I renamed the file to PG31IMG.zip, booted into hboot and this time the file was detected. However it said the id was incorrect.

Is it possible I flashed a "Droid Incredible" hboot over to my HTC Incredible?
Could this be why PG31IMG.zip files work for me and PG32IMG.zip do not?

And if this is the case, how do I flash over the correct version of hboot.

I started my phone modding using "Unrevoked."

Thanks for any insight anyone may have.

Upvote 0
I also checked again on Doug Piston's site to verify that the files were for the "HTC Incredible S" and not the "Droid Incredible"

He even says what the website is on the home page: "All the files you'll need for the rooted HTC Incredible."

yeah, rooted HTC incredible (Verizon phone), not incredible s. Two different phones.

it may be possible that you have the wrong hboot, the phones are VERY similar, but I've never heard of anyone successfully flashing another phones bootloader.

You should of used "alpha rev" to root your phone, it's a collaboration with the unrevoked team. "Revolutionary".

This is what you used to root your phone ( incredible s): http://revolutionary.io/

This is the tool for the Droid incredible:
http://unrevoked.com

Upvote 0
Looks like I am just an idiot.

I checked online to see which phone I have.

I have the HTC Droid Incredible. NOT the HTC Incredible S.

I guess I just got confused over my frustration.

Not to menchin any android phone is nicknamed a "Droid."

Anyways I am using a Droid Incredible.

Now can this thread help me?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones