• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flashed Phones and 4G

Hooligan77

Mar 13, 2011
So I have an Evo 3D that has been flashed, and thought about trying to turn on the 4G for the first time the other day since Boost and Virgin were rolling out the 4G service now. To my surprise, I actually got 4G service!

So if any of you were thinking of going the flashed route, but wasn't sure about the 4G service, there you have it!

One note, I got my service through flashedphones.net

While their flashing service has been good, their feedback and support is non-existant. So if you do get your phone flashed through them, don't expect any future support from them.

To my surprise, I actually got 4G service!
What do you mean you got 4G service? You mean you got the 4G icon on your status bar? You mean you can do a speed test on 4g and show the results? You mean you get insane dl speeds?

I've had an Evo for about a year now and just recently moved to a Design (Sprint) but I do not get 4G service. Then again I do not live in an area that has 4G service... but next time I'm in NY I'll be sure to give it a spin!

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones