• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed to cricket the updated now no flash

hdl13qwest

Lurker
Aug 16, 2012
HTC Rezound Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sammich
The good news is I did a complete nanbackup a couple of days ago. Then I wanted to try and update it to ICS. Well I think that I lost the flash. Everything went well for the update if I was using verizon. I was wondering if there is a folder that I can restore into the system and get my flashed memory back.
Also tell me where that folder is so I can back it up in case I want to do another update and I have to pay to have this reflashed. I want to be able to save the settings.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forums, hdl13qwest!
I've moved this to the Root subforum.
For Nandroids, it depends on which custom recovery you use. If it's Clockwork, it'll be in that folder (and sub-titled Backup), or if it's TWRP, it'll be in that folder. You can find it with a file explorer or with your computer.
In regards to flashing to Cricket, I can't really help you there as I have no experience.

Upvote 0
First things first. Thank you for making this website and having me on the forum. Its a great looking site with a wealth of information. I hope I can play a greater roll as soon as I learn more and get on my feet here.

About the phone.
I'm not sure where to start. I have an HTC Rezound that I flashed over to Cricket through a storefront before I did the OTA update from GB to ICS. I rooted the phone put super user on it and did a nand back up using amon ra. It was a complete back up as far as it lets me. I checked all the boxes and backed up.
Then I decided it would be fun to update to ICS so I relocked the phone and ran the downloaded update from Android Police. It wouldn't let me do an OTA since the phone isn't on the verizon network. And it wouldn't let me update an unlocked phone either. But I ran the update and every thing went well. But it brought it back to stock form for verizon. I lost the flashed data and all my information on the phone. The SD card was ok.
Then I tried to restore the entire phone back from the back up but the flashed phone information was lost still it worked only on the verizon network again.
Then I tried to do the update and restore just the data part of the back up and it restored some contacts and messages but it still wasn't flashed. I managed to reflash it myself following a tutorial on cricket users.com and it worked half way I got my talk and text back but no data or mms.
I was wondering if the nand back up saved that information about the flashing. And if so can I retrieve it and restore it by copying and pasting it in the folder?
An interesting note I tried the leaked update to ICS and it made the phone look entirely different with the buttons and menus all out of wack. That is normal and kind of fun too because it adds something different to the phone. Then I did the later ICS update and it made it look just like GB did with the pull ring and everything. Nice but no biggie.
But when I restored the phones data back up it removed the phone icon from the bottom drawer where the "All Apps" drawer is. That was the big difference I notice and was wondering how to get that back too?
I hope that I explained the situation better. Please let me know if there is anything you can do to help?
I'm not getting emails from this site letting me know that I have a reply to a thread. I was googleing rezound root issues and came back to this site. And found this thread that I already posted. So sorry about the late reply.
David.

Upvote 0
mms and data should be easily restored by restoring the cricket APNs(google search should turn them up)

not sure if you will be able to enter the new APNs without upgrading all the way to the "world phone" update,wich ic build number 4.03.605.1

check settings/mobile networks/cdma options/Acess Point Names. touch the menu softkey,then new APN. once you find the cricket APN,youll just have to enter the info,then save it. reboot the phone,and it should start working.

as far as yuur phone icon,as long as its still in the app drawer,just long press on it,and drop it back into the launcher.

in the future,consider backing up as much info as possible with google(contacts especially!) as it will make chaning roms much,much easier. :)

also,if your s-on,make sure you read this: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/587430-s-want-flash-roms-read.html

as if youve been trying to restore backups and flash roms from a permantly installed recovery,you havnt been installing the kernels,unless youve allready realized the downfalls of htcdev unlock and have been flashing them manually.

hopefully that helps :)

Reactions: hdl13qwest
Upvote 0
mms and data should be easily restored by restoring the cricket APNs(google search should turn them up)

not sure if you will be able to enter the new APNs without upgrading all the way to the "world phone" update,wich ic build number 4.03.605.1
I upgraded it all to that. Should I be using the global setting? It seemed like it would be best for GSM networks.

check settings/mobile networks/cdma options/Acess Point Names. touch the menu softkey,then new APN. once you find the cricket APN,youll just have to enter the info,then save it. reboot the phone,and it should start working.
I did that too. And hooray it started working. But only in 1x mode. Any ideas about pumping that up? And it save the APN on the unregistered SIM card that I have for it so it will only work when the card is installed. And the mobile data is grayed out when the card is not installed. Plus, the cricket APN is gone missing too.
as far as yuur phone icon,as long as its still in the app drawer,just long press on it,and drop it back into the launcher.
Its not in the drawer. I thought about that but its gone. I need to hunt for a better shortcut I guess.

in the future,consider backing up as much info as possible with google(contacts especially!) as it will make chaning roms much,much easier. :)

also,if your s-on,make sure you read this: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/587430-s-want-flash-roms-read.html

as if youve been trying to restore backups and flash roms from a permantly installed recovery,you havnt been installing the kernels,unless youve allready realized the downfalls of htcdev unlock and have been flashing them manually. What pit falls?

hopefully that helps :)
Thanks very much for your help so far. Its been greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

I upgraded it all to that. Should I be using the global setting? It seemed like it would be best for GSM networks.
no. global use is for using a sim outside the us. i only mentioned it becasue i was not sure if the add apn settings would be available in the older software.

I did that too. And hooray it started working. But only in 1x mode. Any ideas about pumping that up? And it save the APN on the unregistered SIM card that I have for it so it will only work when the card is installed. And the mobile data is grayed out when the card is not installed. Plus, the cricket APN is gone missing too.
can you not just re-add the apn after removing the card? maybe a reboot would let you add apns again,if needed. as far as the 1x,no idea. i would think adding cricket apns would let 3g work,if it worked before(indicating that the rezound has the correct physical radios for crickets data services). it may just take a little time,or a reboot or 2. make sure the phone is not set on global,or on cdma only.

Its not in the drawer. I thought about that but its gone. I need to hunt for a better shortcut I guess.
there are roms based on 4.03.605.1 on xda. you can prolly just flash one to get the phone back. wipe cache/dalvik cache only,and it should reflash,bring back the phone,and not disturb your personal data. be prepaired to go back and perform a "full wipe" (cache,dalvik,factory data reset) if you have issues,before blaming the rom dev,however.

as if youve been trying to restore backups and flash roms from a permantly installed recovery,you havnt been installing the kernels,unless youve allready realized the downfalls of htcdev unlock and have been flashing them manually. What pit falls? those explained by the link above :)

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones