• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flashing to sprint

A friend of mine has an HTC Hero programmed for a CDMA provider called Ntelos. Long story short, he's unsatisfied with Ntelos and is selling his phone. I'm interested in buying his phone but I have one question...

My provider is Sprint, and I'm wondering if flashing this phone with the recovery image from Sprint will allow it to be activated and work properly on Sprints network. Are there any other things I may need to do to activate the phone?

A friend of mine has an HTC Hero programmed for a CDMA provider called Ntelos. Long story short, he's unsatisfied with Ntelos and is selling his phone. I'm interested in buying his phone but I have one question...

My provider is Sprint, and I'm wondering if flashing this phone with the recovery image from Sprint will allow it to be activated and work properly on Sprints network. Are there any other things I may need to do to activate the phone?

There's a section on XDA for Hero CDMA then a subsection for all other CDMA Hero's that aren't Sprint affiliated.

How to Root Non-Sprint (Cellular South, Bluegrass Cellular, etc) CDMA Hero - xda-developers

That should be of better assistance to you. Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones