• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help flex ribbon on power button for htc wildfire s

jaysel

Lurker
May 3, 2013
i have a htc wildfire s....the power button flex cable is broke.......can i reinstall one myself, instead of taking it somewhere and having them do it and charging me 75 or 80 dollars.....i can get one on ebay for like 6 dollars.....i posted a question similar to this about the same thing the other day on a forum for htc and no answer still.....please help

i have a htc wildfire s....the power button flex cable is broke.......can i reinstall one myself, instead of taking it somewhere and having them do it and charging me 75 or 80 dollars.....i can get one on ebay for like 6 dollars.....i posted a question similar to this about the same thing the other day on a forum for htc and no answer still.....please help

welcome to AF!!!!

i moved you to the wildfire s forum where folks who have your device might be able to help you out.

but not sure if many are qualified to work on the guts of your phone.....i know for sure that i'm not one. i have butterfingers when it comes to taking things apart like that.

but there is a great website that might help....here is a repair guide for the wildfire s: Repairs Universe │ iPhone, iPod, HTC, Motorola Parts & Repair Guides also have parts you can order as well.

good luck......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones