• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Folio 100 - Useful tips

viaper

Lurker
Feb 11, 2011
Willing to post on this thread as a proud owner of a folio 100 (among a Galaxy Tab and several Android phones)

I would like to say that the connectivity and the power of the beast are really good, main failure is the ROM it cames with and also a So-So screen, not the worse but not good, mostly due to bad viewing angles.

It has:
- Tegra2
- 512 Mb
- USB Host and mini USB
- Full size HDMI connector
- WiFi N
- Full size SD slot

Apart from that it has gain ennough mass to have several rom cookers in XDA where there is a dedicated section with:

- Four functional different ROMs in currrent evolution
- Clockwork recovery
- 2.3 Beta
- A widget that allows: enable dual core, control the lights of the buttons, the sensibility, the HDMI out,...
- Hacks that allow to:
--- Use USB 3G Sticks (huawai for the moment)
--- NTFS good for the usb host (RO for the moment)
--- Tips to improve the stability

And several communities arround the world, so far I detected in English, French and Spanish (the languages I understand), a good example in french

MonFolio100.fr

So if there some interest I will be posting a resume with links about the Toshiba folio 100, a failure out of the box that has been made one of the best thanks to the developers.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones