• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Font size fix for Gmail

L

LarryMcJ

As much as I wanted to use the native Gmail app, the font size was just too small (seems like a common Android problem except in the browser). To remedy this I simply configured my Gmail (actually Google Apps) account as an IMAP account with the regular Android Mail. Here, font size is fully scalable (about six selections) and they apply to both reading email to typing new email. This will have to do until someone fixes the dedicated Gmail app font size.

On the positive side, this actually works better in receiving email sent to the phone as it was definitely NOT full push with the Gmail app as it's supposed to be. Having them both setup it's easy to see that mail arrives much faster with the regular IMAP mail app than with the Gmail, which is really odd.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones