• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For all with a problematic Moment, like myself...

DoormanIsGod

Dec 17, 2009
Quick and easy fix..... go get a new one. I had every typical symptom: airplane mode, gps sometimes didnt want to work, battery life was 2-4 hours on IDLE. I've read on the sprint community forum that people were having better luck with a moment that came with cl14. I did try the upgrade but i didnt no much for my battery life but it did make the phone a bit more liveable. Anyway, best buy gave me a brand new moment out the box after having a battery replaced and because i was sill complaining. THIS IS A DIFFERENT PHONE. i get 13-14 hours with heavy use! the phone isnt boggy, no airplane mode issues so far and the proximity sensor is leaps and bounds above my last Moment. To say the least, im happy and i suggest that if you are able to, get your device replaced and stop struggling with these annoying issues. I was about to jump to the hero( best busy black tie service is the ish) but i didnt because the sales guy that owns a hero says he loved his phone but it does get boggy.... and i have to admit, as crappy as my last moment was this phone can multitask its azz off without flinching, so best of luck to you all.

I do think that every manufacturer does this to an extent, look at what microsoft did and is still doing with the xbox!

but on samsung's behalf, why would you put out a device that hardware and software arent completely compatible? then have people suffering without constant updates. This is why HTC is ontop in the market, because they actually do care about their consumer.

Upvote 0
I was running the hacked kernels up until about 3 weeks ago when my end button just suddenly didn't want to put the phone to sleep anymore. No idea why but it wouldn't.

Flashed to CL14 OTW which I was reluctant to do because of everyone talking about problems and it not only installed perfectly but it's like a whole new phone. My data glitches every once in a while but it did that before the update too.

I always charge overnight so the phone doesn't have to last me even 2 days but Fridays I start my day at 4:30am with videos and music at the gym, text and email at work, and then text and talk at night until about 3 in the AM and I've yet to have a problem with it not lasting. It might be running on fumes depending on how much talking I do on it but never has it died on me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones