• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those using folder organizer

I use Apps Organizer.

It allows you to create tags and assign as many tags as you want to any given app.

You can create the equivalent of folders on home screens with the added bonus of using icons instead of the boring and generic picture of a folder. I've actually just discovered that you can download additional icon packs that say they can only be used with Open Home and can use those icons directly with Apps Organizer without downloading (or paying for) Open Home.

For apps like Places Directory, Where, Aloqa, Open Table and Yelp I use tags like Travel (so I can look for places when I'm out of town) and Entertainment (looking for things to do). Bump has the tags of Download (because it can transfer contact info & apps) and Networking (because it is an easy way to trade contact info - even with Iphone users).

I'll have to check out Auto App Organizer to see how it compares to Apps Organizer.

Reactions: JoeIncredible
Upvote 0
I use App Organizer as well(Same developer), and I sort things like Internet, messaging, games, home stuff, work stuff, office, tools, etc... Works great.

My only question is if I should use Folder Organizer as well? I don't really see the difference, it lets you post folders with different icons straight on your screen, so I don't really see the difference. Any comparison opinion would help.

Upvote 0
I played with auto app organizer, app organizer, and app manager yesterday after catching this thread. I found app organizer pretty good, but auto app organizer much better. It has a lot more functionality, can keep track of how often you use apps, order flexibly, and a bunch more features. Definitely worth checking it out.

Upvote 0
I used to use Apps Organizer until it started crashing my phone (I'd get multiple hot reboots every time I powered the phone on, and the occasional unprovoked total-system-crash long after the hot reboots stopped). Folder Organizer seems to do everything just as well.

In response to the OP, I put Yelp and Flixster under a general "internet" label and Bump under "Utilities". You really don't need THAT many different labels; getting too granular with your labeling means you wind up with a bunch of labels with a few apps. I have about 6 folders for around 60-70 apps, all linked into my Launcher Pro bar.

Upvote 0
More of a U/I app, but I started using SiMi Folder Widget and love it. I use to use Folder Organizer before.

SiMi Folder Widget - Android app on AppBrain

+1

After messing around with a number of these tools, this is what I settled on.

The Simi dev is working on updates and the application is fairly customizable - you can pick Vertical or Horizontal orientation of the popup windows, change the size of the icons, fonts, BG colors, etc. Changes can be propagated to other folders easily. Custom icons supported too.

Upvote 0
I used to use App Organizer and now I use Folder Organizer. There is no need for both. Folder Organizer (in addition to apps) also organizes contacts, bookmarks & shortcuts

Also, you can import from App Organizer to Folder Organizer so you don't have to start from scratch. (Create export file on App Organizer then import it to Folder Organizer)

I use App Organizer as well(Same developer), and I sort things like Internet, messaging, games, home stuff, work stuff, office, tools, etc... Works great.

My only question is if I should use Folder Organizer as well? I don't really see the difference, it lets you post folders with different icons straight on your screen, so I don't really see the difference. Any comparison opinion would help.

Upvote 0
I noticed that this app has a back up feature. Does anyone know if it will back up my free apps so that I can take them to a new phone?
Ex- take my SD Card that has the back up folder from my DINC and put SD card into my replacement DINC.
Thanks a lot to anyone who knows. I don't see a way to contact developer with questions like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones