• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forever Printing

jefboyardee

Extreme Android User
Jan 18, 2011
Alongside W7HP and Linux Mint 17, I just installed Linux Lite. I like it, but...

When I chose my printer (Brother HL-2140) and then clicked print a test sheet, it printed a blank sheet, then another, another and so on. To get it to stop, I deleted that printer, rebooted, re-chose it... same problem.

Then I tried reformatting that partition and reinstalling Lite... same problem. Then I tried that test on Mint. It used to work fine, but it suddenly had the same problem. Tried a page in W7HP, no problem.

Because I'm just goofing with Linux, I deleted and reformatted my three ext4 partitions and the swap partition. Then I installed Mint again, but not Lite... same problem! So, as for this forever printing problem...

Because the printer works fine in Windows, the printer isn't the problem, per se, but it does seem to be misinterpreting commands when booted from any Linux OS. Crazier still, until I installed Linux Lite, there was no problem, but the problem remains if I remove it.

Since I don't know who/what is the culprit, I've come here to seek advice from my favorite third party...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones