• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Formatted Sequent-How to recover?

Ok gentleman, Im completely new to the android world, and as such you will see by my noob like creation: Not only have i (and i believe this is bricked) bricked my phone... Well let me say this its completely erased other than cwmt. Heres what happen: I have been trying to root and install cwm on my Boost zte warp sequent. I was running the latest updates something b11 or somthing. I managed to install cwmt. ANd after all attempts to root, came back with only permission denied. Can not write to disk it is rw protected. So i created a recovery. I have the recovery on my ext sd and my pc. Im running win8 with the adk and eclipse/java bundle pack fully operational. I have the adp all drives operational, and no errors. SO i figured, like an idiot... that in order to root my phone correctly, i had to wipe the old operating system and install a new one. Well i formatted everything with cwmt, minus the ext sd. Now how ever it fails to reinstall recovery from the disk. How do i get to this "download Mode"? is this the area i goto to get my phone back now? Essentially, i turn my phone on and it goes to a green dude.... who slowly fades into the back... I can still access the cwmt (although i believe it is not the updated correct vs... ) But if i mount to usbmass storage the pc reads it as a disk drive yes, but as 0mb and need to insert a disk. Ok, so I have a complete 100% COPY of my phone : How i did this was mounted to usb: and it reads .android secure, android,clockworkmod,contacts,dcim,lost.dir,pictur es,smvvm,fixpermissions.log. Under cwm is of course the recovery image of my phone today. How do i get it back and in the proccess maybe root my phone?

I have unfortunately been unable to root my phone. I have tried every thing on here. From the ultimate warp drive to aio.exe and have all the adp/adk/eclipse software. In order for me to use cwmt it has to be in recoverymode. Because in normal operations superuser and root are not in effect. I was fortunately able to save a new img of the formatted phone using cwmt, allowing the phone to actually be read on the pc as a mass storage device, thus enabling me to trick the phone into allowing me to copy my old cwmt image of my most recent correct backup. However, this still leaves me unrooted and with out my major issue solved. All root attempts either state directory not found or permission denied-due to a read write failure.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Side note. Stop trying to "update" cwm there is no newer version. And stop using tutorials, tools, and anything else for other phones. Download mode doesnt exist in zte phones its called ftm and untill the rrlease of the avid/force was completely useless to us. The ultimate warp drive is for the warp not the warp sequent and i cant stress this enough, dont EVER use warp stuff on the sequent

Get a different sd card kuz you obviously screwed yours up, put a rom specifically built for the sequent on it, then install it using cwm. Then stop breaking stuff

Reactions: Bee1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones