• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FoxFi Speeds

I recently upgraded from an S4 to an S6 edge. I was quite shocked to discover the LTE speed increased from about 20/4 to 70/25. Our home is brand new and because of the placement of a running/walking trail, we will not be able to get internet access for ~ 60 days as comcast cannot lay the cable over the path and a dig crew will need to come out first.

I have a grandfathered UDP plan on VZ. We use it for the kids to stream on when we take a trip somewhere, etc. Since we are now running everything off of it until our internet connection gets set up with Comcast, I decided to look at speeds. I can get 60-80 mbps down and 20-30 mbps up over and over on the phone. That said, when I hook up anything via FoxFi (wifi, not tethered) I can't seem to over get over 20 mbps down and about 12 mbps up. I thought this just might be the cost of having to go through the wifi/LTE back/forth for all exchanges. Doing some more testing, It seems I can get that 20 mbps speed on 3 devices connected to Foxfi at the same time. When I hit 4 devices, it starts to slow, so it seems like it can get a pretty high throughput on multiple devices, but not with a single.

Has anyone played around with this to increase speeds? I've scoured the google to know avail. 20 mbps is just fine for pretty much everything, but I'd like to figure out how to get as much as I can :) TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones