• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freedom pop Roms (note 2)

HoneyBadgerRy

Dec 30, 2015
Has anybody changed the ROM on a freedom pop note 2 before? My note 2 has a bunch of problems, and I believe I could fix them if I could reflash the ROM, however, I can't find the stock ROM, and a factory reset doesn't fix the problems.

My phone needs to have its Msl reset by freedom pop every couple of months (whatever that means) and its a headache. It also had pretty bad battery drain when not in use. My phone is not rooted, yet it has BOTH SuperSU and Superuser installed. My phone does have twrp recovery, however when I tried to make a twrp backup, nothing happened.

Last edited:
How did you factory reset your rooted Note 2?

First, my phone is not rooted, or at least that's what every app that requires root access, and root checker says, apps that require no root access occasionally say that my phone is rooted.

Second, I believe I reset it in twrp, however it might have been the reset option in the settings. Anyway, it made the phone act like you freshly installed a ROM. It required your name and accounts, the only apps installed were the Google apps, freedom pop apps, and Samsung bloatware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones