1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Freedom Sense Kernels

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MusicJunkie, Dec 26, 2011.

1. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Android Expert

What are the difference between the 3 versions of the Freedom kernel for sense ROMs?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

voltages are setup differently for the various roms

MusicJunkie likes this.
  3. MusicJunkie

Dang I'm slow, I saw that too but I really don't know what it means. I'm assuming that agressive is the undervolted one correct?

4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Aggressive is the most undervolted. More is a little bit less undervolted. Less is less undervolted than that and stock is the stock voltage.

The three types you were referring to....universal is for basically everything. Synergy nightly is for the synergy nightly builds (not even sure if they're doing this anymore) and the godmode build was for the synergy godmode build only.

ocnbrze and MusicJunkie like this.
  5. MusicJunkie

I asked my question wrong then, lol but the first part of your response answered my question. Thank you.

6. MizzouBrent

Ah, well it's all good! The Freedom stuff is confusing because there are so many different versions. You should try out the new Anthrax kernel. Seems to be working pretty good for me now. Need to wait a couple days to see how the battery life compares.

MusicJunkie likes this.
  7. MusicJunkie

I saw that on Phandroid and the XDA forums. I'll wait a few days to actually try out this Freedom Aggressive kernel. I never really gave it a test before. I've tested the Goldenmonkey for a while and want to try something else.

8. MizzouBrent

That's cool, if your phone acts weird (reboots, etc) try the More Freedom build. I've never even tried Aggressive Freedom on my phone, but as weird as it sounds, I get as good or better battery with the stock kernel.

ocnbrze and MusicJunkie like this.
  9. MusicJunkie

So far no undervolted kernel has ever rebooted my phone. I've used it before but I just didn't wait a few days, much less a few hours before flashing another one, lol. The impatient flash-o-holic. I'm forcing myself to wait at least until Thursday.

10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

for me aggressive does really well on my phone. just make sure that you give the kernel sometime to settle in before moving on.

11. MusicJunkie

Gotcha!

12. mcharite

mcharite Lurker

I'm running radiance rc3 sense 3.5 on my phone will the freedom aggressive kernel work well on it or should I just try it and another thing does this kernel support beats audio

13. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Currently, the only kernel that supports Beats is the discontinued AnthraX series. We are expecting development to pick back up on it but it will probably not include beats support.

Agressive freedom will work fine on it.

Mount data before flashing

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews