• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.0d Battery

I've had it unplugged from the wall charger since about 12:30pm today, using it very lightly, made a quick 5 minute call also, did some tweeting. I unplugged it at 88%, its now at 74% (its now 5:30pm here), I never thorouhly tested the battery, I would just notice in maybe 30 mins time it would go down about 8% with light usage. I did noticed that you have your GPS turned off in your screenshots, do you turn off the mobile network for LBS too?

Today the battery seems to be a bit better based on what I already told you about it going from 88 to 74% in 5 hours, I'll test it out some more, is Cell Stanby time ok to be at 40%? this always seems to be the highest percentage most of the time
Yes, I have my GPS turned off. Some reason leaving GPS my battery would drain faster. I would only get 20 hrs with light usage and 10 hrs moderate usage. I didn't touch mobile network on LBS. I always leave that on.

That's a good sign you getting better batter life.
This the way I understand so far about Cell standby. Correct me if I wrong if someone with more experience. Cell standby is would be between 10% - 50% depends on how you used your phone. The more you use the phone, the Cell standby will be less and more the phone is on standby not being used it will be higher. That how I see on my phone.

Upvote 0
pbp776-albums-my-pics-picture1090-taskbar-pull-done.png

pbp776-albums-my-pics-picture1091-uptime-awake-time.png

how'd you get your awake time so low? i'm at 77:00:04 with a 64:05:50 awake time..wtf..

Upvote 0
how'd you get your awake time so low? i'm at 77:00:04 with a 64:05:50 awake time..wtf..
If I recall, that those two days I only made lots of calls and listen to music. So I'm assuming once the phone screen blank it does not keep the phone awake. I might be wrong here.
Are you on your phone constantly throughout the day? maybe streaming online radio?
There is possibility here. Once thing I saw from Fresh 1.1, Fresh 2.0D or any other ROMs after I rebooted my phone and use it write away the uptime and awake time was same. However, after I reboot and let the phone sleep for ten minutes once at Home screen, the uptime would be higher and awake time would be lower. Then I can use my phone as much I want and awake time does not have come close to uptime. That my little tip. I tend to reboot my phone once a week. Not sure if that good or bad but keep my phone fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones