• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

froyo 2.2 for virgin usa samsung intercept

My, oh my! Never received the initial text that everyone was talking about but when I finished a call a little while ago a message just popped up on the screen that said "blah, blah, blah...Android upgrade available..."! Pretty quick download and upgrade (<5 minutes) and my intercept is acting like a racehorse! Gotta love it!

Upvote 0
My, oh my! Never received the initial text that everyone was talking about but when I finished a call a little while ago a message just popped up on the screen that said "blah, blah, blah...Android upgrade available..."! Pretty quick download and upgrade (<5 minutes) and my intercept is acting like a racehorse! Gotta love it!

yes! so the update does fix the lag issues? so great to hear that now i want the update even more lol

Upvote 0
It seems as though the people that actually received the text aren't getting the update. That just seems to be the consensus on these forums and on VM's Facebook, as well. Interesting.

figures.. I got the text about the update as well.. but no update yet.

I figured I wouldn't get it the first day or anything.. probably not til a week afterwards.. but knowing my luck if you had a list of the numbers it was sending the update to.. you could scroll to the bottom of that list and find my number.. ahah.

actually with my luck there will be some sort of error and the system will go down when it's suppose to send the update to my number and reboot.

Upvote 0
I'd wait til a few more people post on there with more "status".. but it's probably legit.

also... unless you're 110% sure you can flash your phone and get this running without any problems I would just wait.. they're already releasing the update to VM customers.. it won't be THAT much longer. better to be safe than sorry.

Upvote 0
Would someone post how to set up wifi hotspot on 2.2?

I did notice that after installing "quick settings" from the market, I can turn on the hotspot and I see it as "AndroidAP" from my mac. However, the UI for setting password etc are not there in the network settings area and the AP appears to be locked with a default or random password that I didn't choose.

It looks like it might be possible to do if we either know the default password or locate an app that sets the password directly instead of pointing at the built-in settings the way quick settings does.

Upvote 0
I dropped the Intercept in favor of the Optimus. I couldn't wait for 2.2, the intercept was almost unusable it was so slow. My question is, will it still get the update, even though it's not on an active account? I run it off of wifi, so emails, chats, Skype etc all work. I want to give this to a friend, but want the update on there before I do. Anyone have an answer on this?

Upvote 0
I dropped the Intercept in favor of the Optimus. I couldn't wait for 2.2, the intercept was almost unusable it was so slow. My question is, will it still get the update, even though it's not on an active account? I run it off of wifi, so emails, chats, Skype etc all work. I want to give this to a friend, but want the update on there before I do. Anyone have an answer on this?

if you don't have a number associated with the phone then you won't receive the update in this batch of over the air updates.. you'll have to wait until it's been sent to everyone and they'll release it publically.. so you can just turn on your wifi and goto the 'update android' option.

no idea how long that will take.. wish I did.

tried searching online to see if it was posted anywhere how many intercept devices had been sold to VM users.

Upvote 0
THIS IS BULLSH*T

Virgin Mobile never ceases to piss me off with bad customer service and support...

I called yesterday to see what the deal was and I ended up mindf*cking the agent, and made her tell me that it could take 1 month , 5 months, 6 months, before we get an update. She seriously told me that. Why they have uneducated people giving help on matters they don't know, I will never understand.
She also said it's based on seniority, so whoever joined virgin mobile first will get the update first. I really hope a manager goes over our conversation, I tried to talk to someone else she refused to transfer me, saying they were too busy.

VERY DISSAPOINTED VIRGIN MOBILE!

Upvote 0
THIS IS BULLSH*T

Virgin Mobile never ceases to piss me off with bad customer service and support...

I called yesterday to see what the deal was and I ended up mindf*cking the agent, and made her tell me that it could take 1 month , 5 months, 6 months, before we get an update. She seriously told me that. Why they have uneducated people giving help on matters they don't know, I will never understand.
She also said it's based on seniority, so whoever joined virgin mobile first will get the update first. I really hope a manager goes over our conversation, I tried to talk to someone else she refused to transfer me, saying they were too busy.

VERY DISSAPOINTED VIRGIN MOBILE!

I don't know where she got her information. Seniority? I've noticed posts from people that have recently purchased their intercepts, that already have been updated. Meanwhile, I've had mine for 6 months now. I've received the notification text, but no update yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones