• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FROYO official upgrade released in Korea

After searching and translation of related links in koria

i only understanded that this release is some kind of beta version and the the stable one will released between feb-may

lg had released a upgrade for optimus one to 2.1/2.2
but the gw620/kh5200 have some hardware compatibility problems

thanks for the link ,, this is a good news !!
I'll try to catch the beta release.

Upvote 0
[News] from now through the website CYON -1 Android OS upgrade version 2.2 of the behavior. -1 Andronicus, the 1.6 version is optimized for version 2.2 on the implementation of support services and features may be limited, so please can decide carefully. Optimus Optimus http://www.cyon.co.kr Q and Z, the 2.2 version of OS upgrades proceed sequentially from the Borrower will be completed within a month, is one. Peuroyo wait for us to upgrade our customers appreciate.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/889807

http://twitter.com/LG_CYON_

Upvote 0
so i upgraded my phone using the LG Utils method and it ran fine. however i have a few issues i need help with.

1: The camera flash does not work anymore, at all.
2: sms's are automatically turned into mms's after only 90 characters.
3: the 'to' bar when messaging no longer narrows down the contacts by the letters you put in, it just shows all contacts.
4: the lg ime automatically starts when the phone is restarted.
5: when i turn wifi off it shows a message in korean. not really an issue but it happens.

problem 2, followed by problem 1 are the problems i most need help with.

im a bit of a noob at this, basically i can just follow instructions or use google. so far i havent found any fixes on google. however the sms problem was mentioned here but as for a solution they didnt mention anything. however they mentioned that is may be to do with APN's, if that helps anyone to figure it out.

help would be appreciated.

on another note i can confirm that using the superoneclick root method works to root the phone, and i have been able to remove system apps fine. however i havent tried loading another rom (as i said im a bit of a noob) but following the method on theunlockr.com it doesnt seem possible, as the phone model is not an option when trying to make a "flash clockworkmod recovery" with rom manager.

Upvote 0
an update:

the sms problem seems to be suggested by some as a problem with the system messenger app, and even happens on the official 1.6 update. although there is not much internet chat about it so i dont know if it happens with everyone (which seems kinda weird). i solved the problem by downloading handcent sms to sue instead. is there any way of completely disabling the stock sms application from starting and running in the background? i dont want to uninstall it just incase.

Upvote 0
when i turn wifi off it shows a message in korean. not really an issue but it happens.

this can be solved by removing/freezing wifiService app.

is there any way of completely disabling the stock sms application from starting and running in the background?

you can freeze the stock app using Titanium Backup and unfreeze it any time you want.

Upvote 0
so i upgraded my phone using the LG Utils method and it ran fine. however i have a few issues i need help with.

1: The camera flash does not work anymore, at all.
2: sms's are automatically turned into mms's after only 90 characters.
3: the 'to' bar when messaging no longer narrows down the contacts by the letters you put in, it just shows all contacts.
4: the lg ime automatically starts when the phone is restarted.
5: when i turn wifi off it shows a message in korean. not really an issue but it happens.

problem 2, followed by problem 1 are the problems i most need help with.

im a bit of a noob at this, basically i can just follow instructions or use google. so far i havent found any fixes on google. however the sms problem was mentioned here but as for a solution they didnt mention anything. however they mentioned that is may be to do with APN's, if that helps anyone to figure it out.

help would be appreciated.

on another note i can confirm that using the superoneclick root method works to root the phone, and i have been able to remove system apps fine. however i havent tried loading another rom (as i said im a bit of a noob) but following the method on theunlockr.com it doesnt seem possible, as the phone model is not an option when trying to make a "flash clockworkmod recovery" with rom manager.

1-camera flash is working!!
2-about 90 characters for sms, soon to solve it.
3-the 'to' bar when messaging is really bad
4-the lg IME doesn't automatically starts for me
5-korean message is buggy msg,leads to hanging sometimes is WIFI app (doen't turn on/off is u missed the msg running).

Upvote 0
I upgraded ~successfuly with the boot and system images in the rar file.

The wifi is problematic: it connects and disconnects continuously (can't hold the connection)
There is no USB tether option.

All else works though there may be other inactive Froyo 2.2 features that I am not aware of.

I am going to reinstall after a full wipe and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0
I am not sure what you guys are doing but the LG EVE Official 2.2 (Korean) release works just fine and is stable. All of the devices work.
If your camera or flash is not working uninstall the flashlight apps. I was using LED Flashlight and it stopped the camera from working. I removed the app and the camera worked fine with the flash.

The best way is to use the fastboot method to upgrade and to do a wipe after you update.

Look at the thread here from AmazonAnnie, she spent lots of time and provided all the info you need.

The LG 2.2 Offical Korean ROM WORK 100% (so far, been using for a month now).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones