• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Frustrated using the on-screen keyboard? Calibrate calibrate calibrate!

I'm thinking it's 'learning' my typing style after a few calibrations. After I got the phone the keyboard was driving me nuts. But somehow it seems to have gotten use to me ad my typing. LOL

I also had Predicition and Spell correction turned-off! Big mistake because one of them (I guess the prediction) saves a lot of keyboard strokes. I type a few letters and up comes the work. Much easier.

Upvote 0
had to bump this. I had a difficult time trying to figure how to recalibrate my keyboard. but thanks to this thread it has helped tremendously. When I originally calibrated the phone I used one thumb cuz I was used to my old Touch by HTC which only supported one touch at a time. With the Hero I started using 2 thumbs and noticed word correction had a difficult time with my touches. After recalibrating using both thumbs, everything is perfect.

Upvote 0
This forum is 99.9% chock-bang full of complaints and problems

A slight exaggeration, wouldn't you agree? Anyway, every forum on teh interwebz is the same. Nobody bothers posting to say "such-and-such works great" as they're too busy using and enjoying their phone.

I'm guessing that in the whole, the hardware and software is a crock of shit.

Yup, it's so bad that I personally haven't had a single issue that wasn't user error since I got the handset in the week it was launched 10 months ago. ;) However you're obviously unhappy with your Hero so the best advice I can offer is to replace it with something more to your liking, and hopefully that will live up to your expectations.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones