• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Frustrated with new Note. Probly simple solutions

mking7

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
Hey guys. Need some help. I just gave up the iPhone because I fell in love with the screen size on the Note. Overall it's going to take some getting used to but I will I'm sure.

2 questions. Apologies if these are stupid easy questions but they are driving me nuts to the point of considering returning it.

When I'm on a web page other than my home page and rotate the phone to landscape or portrait from the other my browser goes back to the home page. Is there a setting I've missed to stop this?

The colors are way over saturated on the display. I found the color/brightness menu but it seems to be all about brightness. To be clear, I don't want to adjust color balance but the overall saturation of all colors. I do photography as a hobby and this is going to potentially be a deal killer for me.

Thanks for any guidance.

Regarding your rotation issue, you may want to look at your Motion or Gestures settings.

As far as colors being over saturated, I feel the same. I've been using an AP called "Screen Filter" to "dumb down" the vibrance...this in addition to having screen brightness at "0" while indoors.

Hopefully something will come of the color correction/black crush project occurring on the XDA forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones