• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Frustrated with that ! while "booting into recovery"

MtnbikerChk

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
And confused....

I rooted a few weeks ago - and now I have the itch for a new rom. I downloaded clockworkmod rom manager and the new ultimate droid rom last night.

So I went into rom manager and said "flash clockworkmod recovery." great - no problems.

now we backup! it proceeds to reboot itself into recovery and then ! (you know, that little exclamation mark as if to say YOU SCREWED UP). so I pull the battery, boot it back up, rerun the flash and try it again. this time it works! YAY!

then I said "install rom from SD Card." it proceeds to reboot itself into recovery and !. So I reflash and try it again - no dice.

then I said ok "flash alternate recovery sprecovery .99.3b." great. then I manually boot into recovery and no problem. figure I'll do another backup because I'm a paranoid person. it runs no problem. reboot.

power down.....NOW I want to install my new rom. so I try to boot into recovery and !

do I have to reflash the rom manager?

Now I'm paranoid that if i get into a situation where I NEED to boot into recovery to restore a backup I won't be able to!

Thanks for taking the time to read my whole situation. I'm new and I only have half a clue about what I'm doing. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones