• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Full HDMI out ... full version for both root and nonroot

Just joined the forums to specifically thank orrebmas for this wonderful app! The sound output option is exactly what I had also hoped for this type of app!

Speaking of which, my evo is rooted with stock sense rom, and I just flashed it with the "HDMI kernel" to take full advantage of the app, but I can't seem to get any sound out of it even with the Audio->Phone option(also tried with a head set). I'm currently using a Samsung monitor which has no HDMI input, but I'm using a DVI converter for it, which I think should be fine. Has anyone else tested this feature?

Thanks!

-Siu

DVI is video signal only, that is why you have no audio.

So, does this program work with non-rooted phones as the title suggests?

Upvote 0
Hi was wondering if this app still works. I downloaded this to a unrevoked EVO but it says on the UI that the app is expired, and did not allow it to work. Can this app be purchased somewhere, I don't see it in the market.

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it should be on the market. i just looked it up on my desktop and it is there. you can even download straight from the market to your evo. not sure if this will work on gingerbread or not. i have not had the time to try it out though. and looks like teamwin is concentrating on finding full root for the evo3d.

Upvote 0
yeah i'm not sure if this works anymore with the gingerbread update. you need a lernel to make it work. it was designed initially for foryo. however, the devs were able to incorporate the support into their kernels. unfortunately with only the stock gingerbread kernel to use on these new roms like synergy, it most likely will not work. i could be completely wrong about this as i have not tried and tinkered with it yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones