• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fully rooted but still with S-ON! How?

Okay sat on my wifes laptop while this thing is running, and it still doesn't seem to be doing much. The PC says "Waiting for flashing to complete", and the phone says

AlphaRev SPLBOOT version 2.0

Normal NAND detected, Non-PVT4.

Is that what it's supposed to say?

Not much activity on the PC. This is the same place where it hung all last night.

Upvote 0
The first posts of the tutorial thread at XDA says "some people have reported it taking up to an hour", though it only took about a minute for me.

Some people have also reported it hanging at the last step, but being S-Off after they gave up and rebooted.

Trouble is, most people only do it once, so don't get so much experience of this.

Upvote 0
ok i think i know what the issue is here,
1st of all you are running a non "sense" rom. this can cause issues with flashing
it is recommended by alpharev to backup current rom, flash to a standard custom sense rom like teppics or leedroid 2.x etc. run the utility and once complete restore the backup

from your sig you are using GV 2.7 which is AOSP not sense

Reactions: Nagrom
Upvote 0
ok i think i know what the issue is here,
1st of all you are running a non "sense" rom. this can cause issues with flashing
it is recommended by alpharev to backup current rom, flash to a standard custom sense rom like teppics or leedroid 2.x etc. run the utility and once complete restore the backup

from your sig you are using GV 2.7 which is AOSP not sense

Rasta is right. I used Leedroid nona2sd rom and I was S-OFFed in matter of minutes!

Upvote 0
Okay that's it. I OFFICIALLY give up on this S-OFF palava.

Just tried to run AlphaRev, twice with LeeDroid 3.3.1 SENSE ROM, and both times I got an error after stage 2 of unable to enumerate USB device. Also got this message not longer after stage 3 started, along with 4 line error messages.

The phone still booted fine, but STILL S-ON.

The weird thing is I also got these enumerate messages when the USB cable fell out the other night, this time however, the cable was in tight.

I might just have to accept that my phone is destined to always be S-ON.

I've switched to Redux ROM now after the good reports on size, and battery life.

Thanks for all your help guys. Looks like I lost this battle.

Desire - 1
Andy - 0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones