• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Future updates?

qqtba

Jul 12, 2009
I am now on the verge of buying the new Samsung i7500 as soon as it hits the market in Finland.

I have a one question though: will I be able to update the phone to a new OS (2.0 etc.) when released? Does the phone do it by itself or do I have to do it manually?

As far as I know Google has thought this trough thurrely but it would be nice to have some kind of confirmation. :)

There would be no reason not to update any phone if a release is made available. Like any other carrier, the update will almost certainly be released OTA(over the air); however the final approval will probably be left up to the carrier. Although I was able to receive an OTA direct from Google on my G1 that didn't have a SIM loaded up. Food for thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones