• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FYI Droid X lines longer than verizon iPhone!

What I mean is that the 2 hours worth of preorders of the Verizon iPhone beat out the single day sales record, which includes launch days, of any Verizon phone. That's quite significant since it was from 3AM-5AM EST on a work day.

While this is true... it is definitely not a good sign for Apple. Android phones tend to have steady sales throughout the year, and iPhone's don't, they tend to be cyclical, with HUGELY strong sales at the onset.

However, it is possible this just reflects people waiting for a "Universal" iPhone 5 in June.

Upvote 0
Yeah the record breaking sales day (or two hours) was to be expected given the circumstances. And now that sales seem to have slowed down considerably (I say seem to because I haven't seen any numbers yet, haven't even seen how many were sold on that record breaking day), would be due to people holding out for the i5. That's my guess anyhow.

I'm just hoping the numbers are so staggering that it makes the other OEMs really nervous! Because if the iPhone REALLY takes off on Verizon, then they'll be taking a lot of revenue away from the likes of Motorola, HTC & Samsung. Which in turn should dig the spurs in deep and create the need for even more spectacular devices out of them.

Which in turn would force Apple to launch a truly astonishing iPhone 6. Which would then......

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones