• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root G.O.T. Team android "rom" seems to run well

If anyone could point me to some resources on this I'd certainly appreciate it!
Thanks!

Well, when I had the GOT ROM installed I applied through the open recovery I noticed a difference right away in the speed. Every time I tried to apply the tweaks it would crash my phone constantly. So I left it the way it was and just applied the GOT theme everything worked fine. Now I just use the stock and tweak it all the way I want it...

It's OC'ed to 1200MHZ can't remember what program I used to check but ya its legit. Any other thing I tried to apply through the open rec menu crashed my phone. Maybe I was doing something wrong who knows lol... all i know is now I know what makes my phone run perfect using this info provided from all sources! Thanks goes out to all smart DROID tweakers!

Upvote 0
Hey beflythis - just wanted to thank you for this guide - it was very, very helpful. However in the course of following through your instructions there were a few things I noticed that might be helpful to clarify a bit, just from the perspective of someone relatively new to this whole process. I've noted these points below, in case someone else mind find them helpful as well. I should of course preface my notes below with a caution that they may be specific to the phone I was trying this on or my carrier or something else that is user specific...

-When you've downloaded the second file, rename it update.zip and copy it to the ROOT folder of your SD card.

As others noted above, this means the GOT Openrecovery file, which has the file name OR-GOTmod_v1.04a.zip. You should not rename this file - i.e. the one that you downloaded. What you should do is extract it, which should result in a file named update.zip plus a directory named OpenRecovery. It is these two things you should copy to the root folder of your SD card. If you just rename the original file you downloaded, you will get a "signature verification error", even if you have properly flashed to the SBF noted above, or for that matter any vulnerable SBF. So if you get that error, suggest you try double checking this first.

-Extract the TelusStoneLite file, and put it in the following directory from your root sd: /Openrecovery/nandroid/
(so the directory structure will look like this: "/openrecovery/nandroid/TelusStonelite" and all your .img files are inside the telus directory)

For whatever reason when I tried this the location of the directory turned out to be /nandroid/adbrecovery/. That's where the GOT Openrecovery put the nandroid backup I made before attempting to load up Fast & Lite. I just moved over the Fast & Lite directory there and it all worked like a charm.

-Press volume up and Camera buttons; root screen should now appear.

This drove me a bit nuts and I should caution that it might be particular to whatever model or firmware I had. In any event, what I found is that to do this, I had to press in a specific order - first volume up, hold down that, then the camera button. If I pressed the camera button first, or pressed both at the same time, or had continued to hold the camera button from when it was booting and then tried volume up, it would not work. You need to release both keys once you see the exclamation in the triangle, press and hold volume up, then press the camera button, to get the menu screen.

Thanks again beflythis - couldn't have done it without your help.

Reactions: LifeInAnalog
Upvote 0
Hey beflythis - just wanted to thank you for this guide - it was very, very helpful. However in the course of following through your instructions there were a few things I noticed that might be helpful to clarify a bit....

Thanks again beflythis - couldn't have done it without your help.

I noticed these things as well and I am glad you clarified this for others... I just used common sense and it worked out. Not everyone has this or is technically inclined. Good work!

Upvote 0
this G.O.T Rom and G.O.T Open Recovery are work damn great!!
now my firmware are 2.2.36
i use G.O.T rom SouthAsia rom Version.
ow some small problem on custom theme, couz launcherpro beta are expired and it always tell us to get new one , and because of that the phone are getting random error, to fix it just find launcherpro on market and replace it .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones