• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories G1 InvisibleSHIELD Review **UPDATED with PICS**

Nice input and feedback regarding the Invisible SHIELD.

I ended up with the BodyGuardz. Ordered them last week on Friday and got them the following Monday.

I bought another a set for my son's Nintendo DS and practiced with that first before tackling the G1. Overall it was easy to install. The tricky part was keeping your hands/fingers moist with that spray thing that came with the package.

After a day of installation, the protectors cleared up from the fluid and it has that smooth clear, glossy finish. I am very happy with it and even tried the key purpose damage and it held up great.

I agree with the fluid spray being not enough for the second protector set that comes with the package.

Paid $22 and change but $44 and change total for both the DS and G1.

Upvote 0
Well, its been day 3 with this thing on and i have to say...all the bubbles are gone. But so is the entire shield. I cant stand how rubbery it made the screen feel and how cheap the G1 felt in your hand as you typed or just used it through out the day. I might re-vise the review cause it is really just taking away from the basic functions of the phone.

Upvote 0
there are two other brands (bodygardz and Best Skin Ever) personally I went with Bodygardz cause I could not really find any neg reviews... IS has orange peel issues (as seen in the pics above) and BSE has corners that lift...

Wrong there is a 3rd Brand that hardly anyone knows about that is arguably one of the best... Ghost-Armor... http://www.ghost-armor.com

If you want to be specific there is also a 4th brand.. Clear Protector.... http://www.clearprotector.com

Upvote 0
Network burner, you should consider the bodyguardz. I mean i still like the matte finish of the black one but the bodyguardz does give the finish a somewhat glossy feel to it.
I might give them a try. A buddy of mine has the brown G1 and its flawless. No squeaks or any kind of hardware issue, so im going to call Tmobile and have them send out another one while i return the black one i have. When i receive that one, i will buy another skin to put on the phone and give that one a review.

Upvote 0
I might give them a try. A buddy of mine has the brown G1 and its flawless. No squeaks or any kind of hardware issue, so im going to call Tmobile and have them send out another one while i return the black one i have. When i receive that one, i will buy another skin to put on the phone and give that one a review.
I wonder if we can swap for the same color?

Upvote 0
I was at the mall yesterday and saw a stand for invisible shield. I decided to get it and was only charged $20 for the full body shield plus installation. After a day with it I'm not happy with it and I am seriously considering taking it back to get my money back. I HATE the rubbery feel to it. Too much friction between ur finger and the touch screen.

Upvote 0
I was at the mall yesterday and saw a stand for invisible shield. I decided to get it and was only charged $20 for the full body shield plus installation. After a day with it I'm not happy with it and I am seriously considering taking it back to get my money back. I HATE the rubbery feel to it. Too much friction between ur finger and the touch screen.
Ding ding ding! This is why i removed the screen protector. Besides, we have glass screens, so scratches should not occur.

Upvote 0
Call me biased... but I am a firm believer in this stuff... I love the producty... the fit nd finish is second to none... I don't think the "rubbery" texture takes away from the phone at all. From the get go you have to be honest this phone doesn't scream built quality. The battery door almost seems like I designed it last and were like "oh shit how to we get this to work... I got it... it will kind just half assed stay in place"... LOL Too each their own.

Upvote 0
For some reason your invisible shield's corners are different from mines, mine is covered nearly completely.. did you trim yours??

I honestly dont mind the feeling on the screen.

It doesn't feel rubbery to me, just feels like its wrapped in a material made to protect it from scratches..

No problems with friction, i dont apply that much pressure to my screen

The phone is glossier, which i wanted it to be anyways.

BTW it looks like the OP has a lot of dust under their shield, i would consider redoing it in a cleaner, less dusty environment.

Ill take pics of mine when im back home with a camera.

Upvote 0
For some reason your invisible shield's corners are different from mines, mine is covered nearly completely.. did you trim yours??

I honestly dont mind the feeling on the screen.

It doesn't feel rubbery to me, just feels like its wrapped in a material made to protect it from scratches..

No problems with friction, i dont apply that much pressure to my screen

The phone is glossier, which i wanted it to be anyways.

BTW it looks like the OP has a lot of dust under their shield, i would consider redoing it in a cleaner, less dusty environment.

Ill take pics of mine when im back home with a camera.
Indeed i did. Like i stated in my review, i some what stretched the material a *slight* bit and it seemed to have ruined the fitting. So i trimmed them off a little bit and it seemed to work a lot better that way.

Upvote 0
I just got done painstakingly applying my invisibleshield.
How forgiving are the bubbles that you can't squeegee out?
I have a few pinhead sized spots and am a little concerned about them sticking around.
Not very forgiving. Installed mine a week after receiving my phone (end of Oct.) and still have several spots on the back. Actually (looking at G1) I have 5 spots on the back. And the corners are not perfectly flat/smooth, thus some lint is trapped underneath the corners, making it very ugly.

BUT!
Totally scratch-proof! Love the skin.
Plan on getting a DecalGirl skin when/if I decide to remove this one.
http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,330.htm

Upvote 0
Those of you complaining about the Rubbery feel that adds friction.

It goes away with time. I've had the Invisible shield screen-only protector on my phone for over a month and it no longer gives resistance on the screen, and hasn't for a few weeks now. Fingers glide across this just like with the factory shield.

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones