• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxo 1.6 3G Problem

atbeyi

Jan 12, 2010
altough i have asked this question under Galaxo 1.6 is out topic, i guess another topic would be ok.

does anyone noticed that there "maybe" a problem with 3g?

i am using the same APN setting (just a name "internet" is different which was "int" before but thats not important i guess) with cupcake version of GalaxHero and it was wonderful there was no problem.

but now i can't connect through 3g, edge/gprs works but thats all. I can see that there is 3g icon on the phone and uploading arrow works but no downloading icon.

sorry, coipu. I have to strongly disagree. You may be talking about Cupcake 1.5 as Donut 1.6 (JB2) has no APN's. They have to be put in manually. As well, I tried the JB2 vanilla for over a week and it was substantially slower and lost battery much quicker than Galaxo 1.6.1. I'm just waiting for an official release from Samsung to update this version of Donut.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem sometimes in Finland. My APN settings are correct (no username or password needed). Sometimes when browsing I just see the upload arrow and 3G download is stuck. I need to move to different cell or switch to 2G and back to 3G to get it working again.

I've had the same issue in 1.5 IK5 and 1.6JC4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones