• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 3 Still Worth Buying in your opinion??

I bought a note 3 when it came out. Loved it. Had the Note 2 but the Note 3 was a big leap. Note 4 came out and I didn't think there was enough there to justify me buying it. So I eagerly awaited the Note 5 thinking it would be the one, especially seeing the build quality of the s6. I had concerns about the possibility that the battery would be built in but I had high hopes. Then as everyone knows it came out and there was a bit of a hoo-ha about built in battery AND no SD card. But as I hadn't bought a new phone for 2 years I thought I'd probably get it. And then... not for sale in Europe. So for the last couple of months I have been looking at buying it from abroad but not committing.

And then... dark lord note 5 rom. After 2 years with Note 3 I decided to root my phone for the first time and last night I put the Note 5/s6 edge plus rom on... and I have never been so glad I didn't spend 500 quid on a note 5. I have EVERYTHING a note 5 has except for stuff related to hardware AND I have a replaceable battery and SD card. My Note 3 has been given a new life.

So basically yes... Note 3 is definitely still worth buying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah. I was a little apprehensive about rooting my phone. Firstly because the only time I rooted was on the original Samsung Galaxy S all those years ago. And it wasn't a good experience. And secondly I did use Knox for work.

But I just spent my time researching trying to make sense of all the rooting jargon and I tried it. And it worked thankfully. It was definitely heart in the mouth stuff last night hoping I wasn't bricking my phone but it all worked out swimmingly.

Upvote 0
I donated my Note 3 to my wife and sold her Note 2, then bought a Note 4. I like the Note 4 but can't say I would do the same again, the Note 3 is a solid phone
I too have been looking at the Note 5, looks a nice phone, the lack of SD card and fixed battery are a let down but I think a 64gb model would do easily for me, also I have usually around 60% of battery left at the end of each day so that wouldn't be an issue either, it's just pulling the trigger, is it worth the upgrade over my Note 4 ;) don't think so tbh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones