• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy note pings at me

Nupac

Lurker
May 2, 2012
Hi can anyone tell me why my Galaxy Note has started to ping at me about every 20 minutes - its driving me nuts and every time it pings i look at the pages but can't see anything highlighted - only had the beast 3 days brilliant piece of kit though [apart from the ping :)]

Hi There,
This happened to me initially, the thing was pinging and chirping non stop and I had no idea what notification was for what. First thing I did was change the notification sound for each of the things I was being notified of. In my case it was Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Work email, Google Plus and text messages.
This enabled me to work out the frequency of notifications and allowed me to fine tune stuff. Things like twitter I just turned off and G+ as they were the cause of the constant notifications. I turned Gmail to checking once per hour and that did it for me. Silence unless something is important ;)

Reactions: James4455
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones