• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Reverb - Keeps rebooting by itself

JediJDC777

Dec 18, 2012
My wife, my son, and myself all got the Samsung Galaxy Reverb - Virgin Mobile USA for Christmas. My wife has been reporting that her phone keeps rebooting on its own several times a day. Is there any way to troubleshoot this or should I just send it back for a replacement?

It's starting to look like a sticky power button. I contacted Virgin Mobile about a replacement since it is only 2 months old. They offered to send out a "reconditioned" replacement which doesn't exactly thrill me. I am waiting for a response about what warranty is offered on a reconditioned replacement before I proceed.

Upvote 0
Does the phone have a download arrow showing in the upper left corner of the screen? My phone kept doing this when I first got it too. It was trying to install Mobile ID. Go into settings/applications manager/all apps, scroll down to Mobile ID, click on it and select force stop. Click OK on the warning dialog box that will pop up. This solved the problem for me, until I have to restart my phone, then I have to go through the whole thing again. Hope this helps!
:)

Upvote 0
Does the phone have a download arrow showing in the upper left corner of the screen? My phone kept doing this when I first got it too. It was trying to install Mobile ID. Go into settings/applications manager/all apps, scroll down to Mobile ID, click on it and select force stop. Click OK on the warning dialog box that will pop up. This solved the problem for me, until I have to restart my phone, then I have to go through the whole thing again. Hope this helps!
:)

Well it doesn't APPEAR to be trying to download mobile id. Next time it reboots (hopefully never!) I'll take a closer look at that.

Upvote 0
ok call me crazy try this, take a small peace of paper take off the back cover and lay the paper on the batter fold the paper a little and put the cover back on now let me know if this works, did for me i found hitting the phone gently sometimes or even when in my pocket at work it would reset. i did this and never had that problem again. my guess is lose battery my phone was only a week old when i had this problem.

Upvote 0
I've learned to live with my sticky power button. I put some 3-in-1 lubricant in around the edges of my power button and press it on the right side and don't have any sticking problems. I don't feel like replacing it every couple months.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Reverb using Tapatalk 2.

Mine has started to do the reboot cycle as well. Started using the app called Awesome On/Off. That has helped but it uses battery. The 3in1 lubricant... Is that like WD-40?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones