• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy s 2 mounting to Honda civic

phoenix

Lurker
Jun 29, 2009
I recently bought a 2010 Honda civic, and was excited to see that I could mount my phone via USB.
I went into my local t-mobile store and asked the salesman to come out and mount it. On his second try he was able to and all was Awesome!. Then he unplugged it and was never able to do it again. Now, when I plug it in and click on it in my phone the car says Unsupported. What do I need to do to make this work?

I recently bought a 2010 Honda civic, and was excited to see that I could mount my phone via USB.
I went into my local t-mobile store and asked the salesman to come out and mount it. On his second try he was able to and all was Awesome!. Then he unplugged it and was never able to do it again. Now, when I plug it in and click on it in my phone the car says Unsupported. What do I need to do to make this work?

Try this. Go to settings, applications, development. Check USB debugging.

Now when you connect to USB it will have a prompt in notification bar asking to mount the USB drive. Say yes.

It should work now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones