• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 power button not working right

I have a galaxy S2, I dont think the model matters, but a couple days ago it accidentally dropped on the tile floor, but with a case. But now the power button doesnt work, and when I push it, it does one of three things
-turn off my phone
-asks me if I want to shut the phone off
-sleeps

I think this has something to do with the hardware. Is there any way to fix it?

I had this exact problem.
I googled around and checked XDA and I found out that the power button may be loose or moved out of place a little bit.

I took a small screwdriver to unscrew the 6 screws on the back of the phone (after you remove the cover). I used a guitar pick to "pop" the screen from the rest of the phone. Once I did that, I just wiggled the power button a little bit and pressed it a couple times to make sure there was a clicking noise. I put the phone back together and sure enough the power button worked.

Upvote 0
I had this exact problem.
I googled around and checked XDA and I found out that the power button may be loose or moved out of place a little bit.

I took a small screwdriver to unscrew the 6 screws on the back of the phone (after you remove the cover). I used a guitar pick to "pop" the screen from the rest of the phone. Once I did that, I just wiggled the power button a little bit and pressed it a couple times to make sure there was a clicking noise. I put the phone back together and sure enough the power button worked.

Awesome thank you so much, I need to find a replacement for a pick though. Ill find something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones