• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 jellybean 4.3 USB Connection Not ANYMORE

K

Kash_stoke

Since i Installed the New Jellybean 4.3 on my Galaxy S3 Device i can't connect it for tethering to my Laptop(WinXP) or Desktop(Win 7 32bit) anymore.
When its connected to the computer it says
USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED
Device attached has malfunction and and windows doesn't recognize the file.

Please Share your Meaningful thoughts on this as already have wasted alot of time with non serious Posts.
Thanks in Advance for sharing your time.

Uninstall the driver for that device (find it in device manager). Then install the driver directly from SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones

If that doesn't fix it, count it as another bug in the 4.3 update. Take the phone to your carrier and tell them that your computer no longer recognizes the phone since the update, so you can't back anything up, so you want the update removed. (Since one of the most important things with ANY computer is the ability to make backups of important data.) DO NOT mention tethering to them, unless you're paying for tethering. Some carriers don't want you to tether (or don't want you to tether without paying extra) and won't help you if you are.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones