• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

Good morning everyone!

Sleepy and tired after the road trip but glad to be back home sleeping in our own bed. Gawd love her mom but we're just not used to sleeping in a double!

So today is Toma's birthday so I shall be attending to her every whim and desire*. First up, coffee.

Weather's awfully overcast up here - reminds me of home. Better than the Gulf Coast though.

*Offer void where excluded. Not available in NY, OH or WI

Reactions: kymberlin
Upvote 0
Yeah, we were just talking in the Gnex Hole that that Isaac is supposed to hit NO right on the 7th anniversary of Katrina.
Hope everyone stays safe in the Gulf!

Crazy! Although the news makes everything way bigger than it should. Ike was my one and only Big Daddy Hurricane. Out of electricity for 10 days. It was a hot mess... No really, It was hot and a mess. No fencing, animals running around no grocery stores, gas, fresh food. I thought I was going to go crazy. We actually lost our roof on that one!....

This is a Cat 1 which is not to bad, we have rain storms bigger than a Cat 1.

Happy Monday :)

Upvote 0
Will there be alcohol? :)

As a overworked mother of 4, I work hard and play harder. Dreadnatty is absolutely correct. There will be a spirit or 2 there.

Um, I'm pretty sure at least 99% of Kym's posts involve drinking, so I'd say YES! :D

99% Oh no, you've been counting ?

Reactions: Rachel A
Upvote 0
As a overworked mother of 4, I work hard and play harder. Dreadnatty is absolutely correct. There will be a spirit or 2 there.

99% Oh no, you've been counting ?

I assume these may be in presence? :D

tumblr_m5tg6dsEhF1rz18dno1_400.jpg

Reactions: kymberlin
Upvote 0
On a lighter note, I am looking forward to downloading Tasker:willy:. I think it will be fun to play with !

I love Tasker, though my profiles are pretty simple ones at this point (silence my phone when I plug it in when I go to bed, silence when I have a meeting, etc.). I just haven't had the time to really figure out all the intricate stuff it can do.

Crazy! Although the news makes everything way bigger than it should. Ike was my one and only Big Daddy Hurricane. Out of electricity for 10 days. It was a hot mess... No really, It was hot and a mess. No fencing, animals running around no grocery stores, gas, fresh food. I thought I was going to go crazy. We actually lost our roof on that one!....

This is a Cat 1 which is not to bad, we have rain storms bigger than a Cat 1.

Happy Monday :)
We've had two big ones in the past 10 years - Isabelle in 2003 (13 days without electricity in that one) and Irene last year (but we had wised up and had a whole house generator put in, so we were without power for about 10 seconds). Oddly enough, the most damage in our area didn't come from either of those - it came from Tropical Storm Gaston. The torrential rains from that one devastated parts of downtown Richmond.

yummmm.. I am making chicken something. Don't know exactly what yet, but it will have chicken in it. :D
Leftover chicken enchiladas here. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones