• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

Thanks for rubbing that in for us non-rooters. ;)

So long as your not flashing kernals or a rom addict like me... rooting is very low risk. Coming from a Gnex I couldn't own this phone without root. Given VZW decision to lock the bootloader I think I will be moving back to ATT when my contract is up.

However, it's a personal choice to root or not root... but if you ever decide to take the plunge I am happy to walk you through it.

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
kymberlin,

We are all sitting here at the S3 Watering Hole dinner table waiting on dinner ? Hello ??

Whew... What a day! 52 mile ride, yard work, cleaned the house, made dinner ( grilled chicken sandwiches~ not that glorious I know) .... More yard work, Aleve, and now finally, PHANDROID !

Mr. Lin works away 4 days, then home 4 days, so I try (I know OCD) to make everything perfect when he arrives in the morning.

Now. .... more research on the benefits of rooting, a nice cool beverage of choice and mentally prepare for tomorrow ( long 2 hour workout I do every 10 days or so) .

Upvote 0
So long as your not flashing kernals or a rom addict like me... rooting is very low risk. Coming from a Gnex I couldn't own this phone without root. Given VZW decision to lock the bootloader I think I will be moving back to ATT when my contract is up.

However, it's a personal choice to root or not root... but if you ever decide to take the plunge I am happy to walk you through it.

I will take you up on that in the very near future.... I am still in research mode. The people that do it, would not have it any other way. I am enjoying the learning process right now... :)

I'm super glad to have found such knowledgeable folks here on phandroid !!!

Upvote 0
I went for a walk today and saw some moose:D

20120804_100146.jpg

I love Colorado!!

20120804_104547_HDR.jpg

Geeze! I am jealous ! That is an amazing view !

Upvote 0
I will add one last time that rooting is easy enough for this noob to have done it successfully :)

Yup.. nothing to be scared of!!!!:D

I will take you up on that in the very near future.... I am still in research mode. The people that do it, would not have it any other way. I am enjoying the learning process right now... :)

I'm super glad to have found such knowledgeable folks here on phandroid !!!

Let me know when your ready and I am happy to help:)

Upvote 0
No. My biggest complaint was always the bloatware & since ICS allows you to disable I'm a happy camper.

I really want Jelly Bean.... I wish our carriers would not make us wait for so long to get what is already available... (Wallet.... etc)
I know when JB hits, It will be a year until we get it ! That alone is reason enough to play ......

Upvote 0
:rolleyes:

I used to be the same way waiting for my DROID Charge to get Gingerbread & then it wasn't all that. Remember, Jelly Bean isn't a "huge" update from ICS, like ICS was from Gingerbread.

So they shouldn't wait so long to give it to us then ....
Kinda like wait until your married and..... uh maybe that isn't a great example lol.

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
The fact I don't have it, makes me want it !

That's there just about sums me up lol.

I love my tech, if I got a use for it.

Rooting is surprisingly easy, as long as you follow a well written guide and you get the right drivers & files, simples.

If I can teach a 76 year old to use android, I'm sure it's easy enough for you to root :p

Upvote 0
dinner....

I just looked in the fridge and I have a lb of roasted Hatch peppers.... I'm tempted to make a chicken/ chili enchilada, but I still have a beautiful bunch of asparagus as well.... So I'm thinking to leftover grilled chicken ,add the asapagus to a creamy penne and make a hatch cornbread to soak up the sauce...

Or I can make an oscar-ish sauce for the grilled chicken , asparagus with hatch cornbread.

Omg... I hate making these Sunday decisions !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones