• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

Well, here it is. The best I could come up with.

arcus by slitherjef, on Flickr

ok dude that is freak in sweet!!

How are things AD? I hope your doing alright.

I'm OK Trent. Had a little more time with my girls today. Things are looking up in most areas. I still know they both love me and was reassured with many hugs and sugars from them both. This made hulk mushy. :eek:
But I'm having a good week and will not bring down the hole.

I hope all is well in your work area and real life fashion also.

Upvote 0
I'm OK Trent. Had a little more time with my girls today. Things are looking up in most areas. I still know they both love me and was reassured with many hugs and sugars from them both. This made hulk mushy. :eek:
But I'm having a good week and will not bring down the hole.

I hope all is well in your work area and real life fashion also.

Real life is good.. work is... well work. If we were in a better job market I would probably quit and snowboard for the winter. I could afford to take 4 months off. There just aren't enough jobs that I would feel confident that something would be out there when I wanted to go back to work.

Reactions: kymberlin
Upvote 0
Real life is good.. work is... well work. If we were in a better job market I would probably quit and snowboard for the winter. I could afford to take 4 months off. There just aren't enough jobs that I would feel confident that something would be out there when I wanted to go back to work.

I know that feeling all too well. That's why I stayed until I was forced out. I wish you the best Trent. I really do.

Reactions: Trent Reznor
Upvote 0
Thanks. By the time I found a spot to pull off to get the shot, it was nearly on top of me. It was MUCH better in person.

Sweet shot there, aj!

So, I'm back now. Nicely dosed with long island ice tea. Love community meetings held in a bar. Great ribs as well.

Life is good.

And, you know what's even better? I don't own an iPhone. Dunno why, but that makes me feel so good these days. Not following the iSheeple. Least our phone has decent mapping software :D

I mention I was a little sozzeled?

Upvote 0
I'm a simpleton. I can't figure out how to compare the two. Oh well... I'll just relish in the glory of knowing my older brother is dumber than me. :D

Try Phonescoop.com

put in both models... Black and white !

Does anyone have a gs3 vs Icrap 5 spec comparison that I can see? I gotta show my brother because he thinks iPhone is better

My boss is trying to decide between the two right now, and I went nuts researching and compiling and made a really nice simple list for him, with comments at the bottom.

The only problem is that it's only saved on my work computer. :(

I will try and get it for you ASAP!! I think you'll like it. Honestly, I love the CRAP out of my SGS3, and I've owned only Android smartphones since they came out (before that Windows Mobile 6x...) However, the build quality and aluminum feel of the new iPhone 5 are exceptional. One thing I hate about all iPhones is how so many people will get them. I would rather not have what everyone else has. I love my Mini Cooper S. Even though there are a few Mini's around here, very few are S models, and the Cooper itself is not that common.

The SGS3 is pushing it, though. TONS of people are getting them. I think that my logic might be flawed though, because whether it's an iPhone OR an android phone, more people having them means more support, more bug fixes, and more accessories, which is WIN, right?!

Anyways, I will not be buying the iPhone 5 for myself, but I certainly understand and comprehend the difficulty of the decision my boss has. I could probably influence him in one way or another, but I'm not going to do that, because he has the iPhone 4 now, and he does have quite a bit of iDevice infrastructure going on. It can be a cumbersome transition to leave behind that ecosystem (iStuff) for an entirely new one (Google).

I will point out two huge disappointments on the iPhone 5, and my main criticisms on my list:

1. No NFC. This SUCKS. There is so much potential and utility in NFCs future, and with Apple's excellent Passport software, an NFC payment system for them would just make a whole lot of sense. They probably couldn't fit the antenna in there and still make it a full mm thinner than the SGS3.

2. The connector. That's a big EFF YOU to Apple faithful AND the rest of the world. I don't know how the EU lets them around it just by having an adapter. Bah. Adapter shmudapter. Bunch of malarkey! Just get MHL compliant microUSB. I know Apple has never been that way and never will, but that doesn't mean that Apple is RIGHT. Samsung's wireless charging beats the snot out of Lightning, although we're still patiently (or impatiently) waiting for it:

Samsung Galaxy S3 to get wireless charging in September | ITProPortal.com

I also gripe about no removable storage, but again, it's the way they've always been. Still, doesn't make it right.

I'll get you that full list as soon as I can!

Upvote 0
Ah..... nice evening with a nice friend. Nice vodka and nice wings (boneless and naked)

Wow, just wow I say!

Youngin won 28 -4 .... Ok that's good.

Tomorrow may be a long day indeed

Hola Moma'Lin. Just caught you as I was about to head upstairs to bed.

Good to hear you had a good evening as well! You stay at BW3s all night?

Just blown a whole dollar at Google Play tonight on some of their 25c deals. Can't pass up a good bargain!

Your turn for coffee tomorrow morning?

Upvote 0
Evening All !!

Rachel...I did read back & saw the Acura comments...not nice & I'll leave it at that.

K Lin : fun times at the football game I see. I hope you read all of that post above yours as there will be a test later. Is that a spammer ?

As long as I don't have to read sirkonan... it's kinda long and the word Apple is in it.

Ok...Ok, since I wake up before you, I will read it, but don't expect a nice little wake up pm like this morning. Hump day is over!

Love ya!

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
As long as I don't have to read sirkonan... it's kinda long and the word Apple is in it.

Ok...Ok, since I wake up before you, I will read it, but don't expect a nice little wake up pm like this morning. Hump day is over!

Love ya!

If I never hear the word Apple or iPhone on this site again it will be too soon. :rolleyes:

Keep those wake up PM's coming...what do you think woke me up. ;)

Upvote 0

Love ya!

HEY! I was answering someone else's question ... :p

And, to further answer, I have attached a .doc file comparing the two to the best of my ability and knowledge at this point.

Attachments

• iPhone 5 VS SGSIII.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
HEY! I was answering someone else's question ... :p

And, to further answer, I have attached a .doc file comparing the two to the best of my ability and knowledge at this point.

All due respect. Thank you

Now, I'm going to resume my previous activity and read this in the morning, dinner and with 2 aspirin.

Btw, welcome to the hole..... have a beverage, and relax. We are very friendly round these parts!

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
Sweet !! I think I can get one more out today. :eek::cool:

That spammer is back w/ iPhone stuff.....oh boy. :rolleyes:

Which spammer are you referring to?

All due respect. Thank you

Now, I'm going to resume my previous activity and read this in the morning, dinner and with 2 aspirin.

Btw, welcome to the hole..... have a beverage, and relax. We are very friendly round these parts!

Lol. You must not have got the playful tone I intended in my "HEY. I was answering...." post. I was relaxed, I was totally just being silly. Sorry if I came across as serious.

And thanks for the welcome, although I've been here before, it has been a long, long while! I don't have time to forum surf like I used to. I sure wish I did, as I start to miss all you guys after a while. We had a lot of fun in the Verizon SGSIII speculation thread!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones