• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

I kinda feel that if I'm gonna have a filling I want the dentist to have had a few themselves. Just so they know what it's like.

I hate dentists by the way. Loathe them. Agents of pure evil. :D

X has always asked "what would you like the phone to do that it doesn't do already".... maybe he is happy with what his phone does. The root knowledge is a fundamental knowledge of the inner workings of technical blah blah blah.... he possess that knowledge period.

I want my phone to do other things and I would love to learn the process to better my own android experience.

For instance, I am the director of Sonography. Every day I tell people how to do their job better. I personally no longer scan but am very capable of instructing others to be the best at the craft they have chosen.

Reactions: jmar and XplosiV
Upvote 0
X has always asked "what would you like the phone to do that it doesn't do already".... maybe he is happy with what his phone does. The root knowledge is a fundamental knowledge of the inner workings of technical blah blah blah.... he possess that knowledge period.

I want my phone to do other things and I would love to learn the process to better my own android experience.

For instance, I am the director of Sonography. Every day I tell people how to do their job better. I personally no longer scan but am very capable of instructing others to be the best at the craft they have chosen.

Fair enuf. My point about dentists being agents of pure evil still stands though :D

Upvote 0

I'm not bothered by the reasons someone has for wanting to root, but if I know of a way to achieve the same thing without rooting then I'll point it out, either way, I'm happy to help if I can

Reactions: jmar and Unforgiven
Upvote 0
I'm not bothered by the reasons someone has for wanting to root, but if I know of a way to achieve the same thing without rooting then I'll point it out, either way, I'm happy to help if I can

Exactly, thanks X. I think kymberlin's 'thing' was wallet, and that was important enough for her. Root because you need to or want to, not because it's the cool thing to do.

Upvote 0
Btw.... last pool party of the week tonight. Mr Lin comes home in the morning.... Treb you better be there!

Ok...will hang tonight. But, yeah I have a weeks worth of stuff to catch up on, last one of week for me as well. Hit Thanks! if your in :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Ok...will hang tonight. But, yeah I have a weeks worth of stuff to catch up on, last one of week for me as well. Hit Thanks! if your in :smokingsomb:

Yeah, TOMA will probably throttle me if I have a party every night. Apparently it's something to do with being married to her or something. I dunno.

Pool party at K'lins place tonight! WooHoo!

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Exactly, thanks X. I think kymberlin's 'thing' was wallet, and that was important enough for her. Root because you need to or want to, not because it's the cool thing to do.

And she wants JellyBean but I think she's going to get used to just being rooted for now and explore some of the apps available to rooted users.

All in good time, I'm not going anywhere, and I think I already have another customer in line :D

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Anyone feel like burgers for the party tonight!? K'Lin's pool is clean and I have a great recipe:

1/3lb Garlic Burgers

Need:
Ground beef 80/20 (I like grass fed cows)
Fresh garlic cloves (diced)
EVOO
Pepper
Salt

Directions:
Combine the ground beef with your diced garlic until it is evenly dispersed within the meat.

Parse burgers into 1/3lb portions.

In a bowl, pour a generous amount of EVOO.

Roll each portion of meat in the EVOO, covering all meat in a generous amount of the oil.

Most important step: Massage the meat for 3 minutes, taking a break each minute to add more EVOO. WHY? The EVOO needs to touch all the meat, inside and out.

Cook until just before well done, adding a dash of salt on each side as well as your desired amount of pepper.

But jmar, I like my burgers cooked (insert doneness preference here ______)? I don't want to cook it well done dude!

I like my meat medium rare, including burgers...until my friend showed me this recipe. All the juiciness of a medium rare burger with 10x flavor.

Enjoy.

Upvote 0
And she wants JellyBean but I think she's going to get used to just being rooted for now and explore some of the apps available to rooted users.

All in good time, I'm not going anywhere, and I think I already have another customer in line :D
that is absolutely correct. I want wallet and jb.... but it may take me a month to get it.... slow and steady....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones