• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S5 active - Boost mobile activation

Connor C

Lurker
Jan 28, 2016
Here is my situation.
I had a prepaid monthly phone (moto G 1st Gen) with Boost mobile. Now that I lost it I am looking to get a samsung galaxy S5 active, but I want to keep my original phone number! Is there a way I can buy an S5 active online (say ebay or amazon) and go into my boost mobile store and have them activate my number onto that phone? What do I need? Does the phone I buy have to be "prepaid?" Do I have to buy it as an "unlocked" or "boost" samsung s5 active? Do I need an SD card?

I have a hard time believing any cell phone carrier personel because they all tell me that I have to buy their phone from their store, and I know thats not how it works because I have worked the system a bit before.

But overall is it possible to get a used S5 active and activate it with boost AND get my old number? I don't think I had a Gmail set up so I lost all my contacts.

Anyway Thank you so much! I don't want to buy an expensive phone and have it not work.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones