• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S7 hides saved WiFi networks that are out of range?

I got my S7 today.

I used Samsung Smart Switch to transfer everything from my S5. And my Google account is set on both phones to back up WiFi. However none of my saved WiFi networks are showing on my S7, apart from my home network which I configured as part of device setup.

I assumed they didn't transfer.

However, I just turned off my router and my home network disappeared from WiFi settings. It reappeared when I turned the router back on. So it looks like WiFi settings only shows networks that are in range.

Anyone know how to disable this?

Have you looked in the advanced WI-FI Settings?
To access this on my Note 5,it's sorta hidden itself,but,you should see something in the upper right hand corner to tap on to access more settings/Advanced settings once you're in the WI-FI Settings menu.

If not there,perhaps there's something in the security settings.
Sounds weird,I know,just grasping at straws at this point,but,I wouldn't rule it out before taking a look................. ;)

Upvote 0
You know I noticed this also. After moving all my data off my old phone, my wifi connections didn't show up. So I was in range of those connections, then connected. After moving out of range, the connections disappeared from my list. My Note 3 it stayed on the list.

It will reconnect once I'm back in range but when I'm not in range, I can't see it and can't change any of the settings.

Upvote 0
You know I noticed this also. After moving all my data off my old phone, my wifi connections didn't show up. So I was in range of those connections, then connected. After moving out of range, the connections disappeared from my list. My Note 3 it stayed on the list.

It will reconnect once I'm back in range but when I'm not in range, I can't see it and can't change any of the settings.
I'm not seeing a list of saved WI-FI Spots (on my Note 5) either.
Perhaps there's an app in the Google Play Store that can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones